What drawing remains to be done?

Hi all. 

My question is: Can we know through SW or some other mill the drawings that have been made or the drawings that remain to be done

Thank you for your answer

To my knowledge, no

There is no tool to know if you have forgotten a drawing

after the creation of your 3D part or assembly

@+ ;-))

2 Likes

Very well thank you for your answer!!

1 Like

As @gt22,

To find out if I haven't forgotten any, I have a visual way: I go to the current folder, I put myself in "Details" view and I sort by name.

There, we can see in the file type column if the "algorithm", SLDDRW, SLDPRT is respected or if there are 2 SLDPRT following each other. We can also see if there are always 2 files of the same name that follow each other, except for the extension.

5 Likes

On my parts, I add a property with the number of the plan that I only fill in when I have made the detail plan.

So when I place my nomenclature on my overall plan I have a quick visual on the plans already made or still to be done.

1 Like

Hello

I do it the old-fashioned way:

I print my bill of materials and then I put a Stabilo when the plan is made

5 Likes

Hello

To do this, I created a macro in Excel.

-> Scans the selected directory and subdirectories.

-> Checks the existence of a PEM (SLDDRW)

-> Check the existence of this MEP in *.pdf and *.dwg

Constraints: MEPs must be in the same repertoire as parts and assembly.

MEPs have the same name as the element references (even if we add characters for the DWG and PDF files).

example:

my Slddrw MEPs are of the form-> "8"characters.slddrw

on the other hand my MEP dwg they are -> "8"caracteres_(*).dwg with (8 characters = identical to the slddrw _ and *=letter of the last index )

(You have to modify the original shortcuts to the line: . InitialFileName = "W:\Business\")

Note: This macro can be improved, please let me know about any improvements.

-> remember to enable "Microsoft Scripting Runtime" in the VBA Publisher References

liste_pdf.xlsm
4 Likes

I can't use your macro to scan SLDDRW files

Uhhh, it's not very clear.

What's going on?

-> Nothing: I can't launch the macro.

-> The Scan doesn't start.

->The scan doesn't give anything...

->Other...

For PDF search knows OK but for SLDDRW scans it doesn't work

Are your slddrw files in the same directory as your sldasm and sldprt and do they have the same name?

Yes. Maybe the filters in the VBA?

Basically, it only shows me PDFs

Can you make me a screenshot (even partial) of one of your directories in detailed mode, as well as the result of the scan of the said directory?

That's it for the repertoire. but I don't understand your last request?

doc2.odt

A problem with the text format (with your + and - in the file names)

Try to add these two lines in the macro:

Cells.Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "@"

here:

It doesn't work yet. not but do I fill the filter functions well (attachment a screenshot of the Sub filter)

capture.jpg

It doesn't work yet. not but do I fill the filter functions well (attachment a screenshot of the Sub filter)

capture.jpg

Filters should be in the form of:

"*.sldasm"; "*.sldrpt";....

Moreover, why did you remove the existing ones, to replace them with their equivalents with errors?

I'm sorry but I can't get your macro to work, I started from the original file with the changes you asked me to make but it doesn't happen anymore. nothing.