Which representation should be used for a skeleton (CATIA)?

Hi all

Following my previous post where my project is explained ( http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/faire-une-conception-squelette-catia ), his advised me to divide my different questions which I do here.

So here is my fourth  question:

When creating a skeleton, should we try to represent the object as faithfully as possible or just crudely? (For example, for the wing, should we already represent the curve of it that everyone knows or can we just make a line? Example 2: Do we have to represent the fuselage with 2 circles in order to show that we have a wall, or a single circle is enough or just a line for the representation?)

Thank you in advance for your answer and for your time.

Kind regards

Ju"

at the base for the skeleton

you create via the origin

plans, lines, points

which will allow you to create these different bodies on the previously created bass

all of course with their proper names to succeed in finding them ;-)

and be able to modify them or change configuration

@+ ;-))

We have to find the right balance between efficiency (simplicity) and understanding of the skeleton.

A skeleton that is too simplistic (only dots) will be more difficult to interpret (only their names will be able to inform about the impact of their modifications).

The skeleton of L'aile.

The question to ask is the curve is it useful to other components different from the CATPart wing?

If the curve is only useful to the CATPart wing, it is of no use in the skeleton, in a pinch it would rather be waypoints or directions included in the skeleton and copy with link in the CATPart wing.

But as I said, the skeleton can be easier to read if the elements allow you to imagine the wing.

1 Like