What are the must-have utilities for Solidworks 2016-2017

What are the essential utilities for Solidworks 2016-2017 for the design of racing car parts?

In order to work in the best conditions, what would be the plugins, software in addition or others that come to mind useful for the design of car parts (Engine, Chassis,...)

John.

A tip:

Call a solidworks reseller, meet a sales representative and ask him all the questions you want!

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer Thom@s.

That is my intention.

John.

On which version of solidWorks?

Standard, Professional or Premium?

If you want to test the strength or deformation of some of your parts, Solidworks Simulation is the basis! ;)
Then there is Meca 3D on Solidworks which is really good for animating your parts (example: engine) by entering the rotation speed... It will also be able to give you measurement curves to compare the efficiency, the number of rpm etc...  

1 Like

Be careful, just because you have a FACOM workshop trolley filled to the brim doesn't mean you're a good mechanic... There are some who are able to make do with the basic body where others will not be able to do so with the manufacturer's specific tool.

I understand that you are sure of your return on investment but it is better to start working, realize where you spend time and look for the best tool for this task. It will always be time to obtain them afterwards.

12 Likes

+ 10,000 @ stefbeno

@+

4 Likes

Hello

Thank you Blvck Designer, stefbeno and GT22 for your very precise answers.

Alan. ERP I have the Premium version of Solidworks 2016 and would use the 2017 Premium version.

As said, we are not embarking on this adventure of more than 20K euros blindly and would  train myself by time and means.

Indeed Solidworks simulation will be a very good baseI will also look at the Meca 3D add-in and see how it will be useful to me because we use a specific software for (Ricardo Wave)

John.