Question service pack SW14

Hello

Since Monday I have a new CAD workstation under Windows 8.1 Pro. I installed SW 2014 SP0 in 64 bits on it with my original installation DVD.

I have not been under a maintenance contract since the end of March 2014, but I would like to install the service pack 2 that was released during my maintenance contract (January 28, 2014).

It's possible?

Thank you all!

Hi Batch123,

Try logging in to the SolidWorks Customer Portal and downloading the service pack.

During the installation it will check your license.

I have never had to deal with this case.

Keep us informed.

See you...

1 Like

Hello Batch,

Do you still have your old workstation where your solidworks was installed?

If so, you should be able to find service pack 2 in the solidworks download folder 

and the re used for your installation:)

For my part, I always make a backup of the downloads that solidworks does as its sa prevents me from redownloading in case of problems;)

In addition, if you were still under maintenance in service pack 2, I don't see any reason why  you won't  be  able to install it:)

I hope I was able to help :)

capture_020714.jpg
1 Like

Yes, go to the Solidworks portal, and download your SP2

https://login.solidworks.com/

On my old computer I had SW2013 and I disabled the downloads in the background.

I don't have a login solidworks.com

How big is this service pack 2 for Solidworks 2014?

I just wanted to send you the setup. But it is no longer available for download for SP2...

capture.png

The uncompressed service pack 2 file downloaded with the solidowrks download tool weighs about 370MB:)

For a standard solidworks version

After if you have a professional or premium version I don't know :x

@rmorel

Maybe I can try with the SP3?

Thanks in advance for the file...!

Which version of solidworks are you using?

-Standard?

-Professional?

"First?"

If standard I can possibly pass service pack 2, on the other hand if these others I won't be able to
because I'm on service pack for the standard license :x

For the SP3 I think it depends if you were still under maintenance when it came out, but I'm not 100% on ;)

Tell me again:)

Unfortunately SP3 was released after...

I have SW2014 SP0 x64 PRO Version

If anyone has the SP2 for the PRO in stock...

Arf I unfortunately have the SLW Standard 2014 version

So I think that if I give you the version of the service pack 2 standard version you may miss some of the options you have in the PRO version...

I'm not sure what I'm saying, but I prefer to put this point in parenthesis which seems important to me :x

I have no idea about the differences in version.

In my opinion, the service pack is compatible with all versions (in my opinion...).

Good evening BATCH,

Can't you from your solidworks SP0 in the tab? Check the availability of updates and select the desired service pack?

A+

Good evening. I always keep my downloads and I create administrative images. 

I think that being in premium I can make pro or standard images

@alexandre.thellier

Your serial number is not on subscription or has expired. An active subscription is required to download the following products: SolidWorks.

You cannot install or modify these products without the source files.

Deselect these products or contact your reseller to update your subscription.

I just have to wait for someone to make me a ZIP of SP2;)

I managed to get the SP2.

FYI: There is no difference between the SPs depending on the version (Pro, STD, Premium).

Thank you!

1 Like

IBD for the info BATCH123 :)

Always be careful with recent versions of WINDOWS, solidworks indicates on their site which SP solidworks works on which windows.