What to do as a SOLIDWORKS project (Training)

Hello, good evening

I am currently in CAD/CAM training and I have a cusrus of 240 hours of solidworks..... 3D, assembly, sheet metal, mechanically welded, surfacing......

As part of my training, I have to devote 1 month (in August) to carry out a project from A to Z.

We have the choice of our project but there are just a few criteria to respect.......

There must be at least 100 pieces in the project..... Knowing that a bolt or nut is a part :) obviously I'm not going to make 90 bolts;)

There must be movement (or movements) in my assemblages.

If there is sheet metal work, it's a plus but not essential.

We have several options: 

Either start from a project on plan and redo it (this is the least rated of course)

Or start with a concrete project and a real object that can be used as a basis for work (example: a chainsaw.... we explode it, we study the parts and redraw them)

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "eclaté d'une tronconneuse"

Or to make a complex creation, an invention, a creative project...... invent a machine, create movements, use known profiles, everyday objects (cylinder, limit switch, etc.)

Personally, I had thought of recreating a radio-controlled aircraft in structure, with torque, ribs, controls, retractable gear, aileron movement, etc...... But the project was rejected because it was too simple.....

I have a bit of trouble finding an original project knowing that my priority would be to start with a concrete object that I could explode and redraw by taking the dimensions and other details....

The ideal would be to have an object, a machine, a concept with a possible exploded plan to find....

Do you have any ideas for me......

1 Like

Good evening

The idea of the chainsaw is not bad but I guess they will find it too simple...

However, if you offered them a fairly complex movement study, it would be a plus. You could also design a mold for a plastic part of this chainsaw.

I think the easiest way to start a study project is to start with an object that you know how to work.

The radio-controlled plane is not stupid either but not just any plane (a jet plane would be great)

The big fashion is CNC machines, there may be something to look for in this direction.

A 3 or 5-axis plasma/laser cutting CNC is already a great project and can offer sheet metal parts, mechanically welded frames, mechanical parts, couroies, sprockets and racks, ... You can also do a movement study.

2 Likes

uh radio controlled plane too simple???

We must not have the same notion of the word 'simple' I think ^^'

If for them the plane is too simple I think the chainsaw will be too

3 Likes

@ magnustri

Trying to find a project related to ecology, energy saving

This is very promising and augurs a certain phylo that is very marked in the educational environment ;-)

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello

If you are limited to 100 "shares", you will not be able to design  the line in assembly.

It's really the screws that will limit you. unless you make everything in glued plastic.

Like gt22,  the eco-friendly sector is very fashionable.

If the wind power is a bit obvious, look at the driving tides.

The assembly should be nice with a little sheet metal, surface ...

and add a little fluidic simulate to it.

"Keep the pressure"

1 Like