Tube connection

Hello

I have a little problem, let me explain.

How do we do it very simply to have a removal of material at the connection of 2 tubes. 

I should use the "mechanical" function and not "swept boss"

Thank you in advance

tuyauterie_pompe_10501_-_piece_2.jpg

Hello

I advise you to do 2 disticts (uncheck merge results for the 2nd scan function) and then do the "combined" function by choosing the subtract option.

Rom's

2 Likes

Hello

It is necessary to recreate a removal of material from the inside diameter of the intersecting tube at each intersection!

Or before cutting the intersecting tube you have to use the Stamping function in "material enl" mode and then remove the excess body!

If the tube comes from a library, it is also possible to create a "Smart Component".

@+

1 Like

Hello

The simplest solution seems to me to be to create a Sketch on the thickness of the cylinder that needs to cut the other one, Convert the inner circle into an entity and do a Material Removal to the next surface.

See attachment

Kind regards

Alan

00.jpg
2 Likes

Thank you for your answers.

The problem is that I have dozens of intersections, and I can't see myself doing an action by connection...

Friendships

Hello

If it is not imperative to have separate bodies, you can make full extrusions all fused together and then end up with a shell function. This will make you all the intersections in one go...

Yann

5 Likes

If you have used the mechanically weld function, you can use the adjust/extend function

Hi all;

If you are looking to simplify 2D later, you will be right to use the mechanically welded function because it will be recognized in your drawing.

The mechanically welded function is made for this design tupe and it would be a shame not to take advantage of it!

And since it is a mechanically welded, several solutions, personally I like to work with disjoint volume bodies (I am on Catia at the base, this explains it) for this it is enough not to merge the results.

I then use the intersections (most of the time) or combine functions (which offers you 3 types of results: add subtract or intersection).

You can also use the adjust/extend option. 

OR last possibilities but which are less 'professional':

* During your extrusion, extrude to the next surface

* or create a small solid inter and subtract

* Or make full extrusions and use the shell function

It should be kept in mind that the end result is achievable in as many different ways as there are SW users;)

But the goal is to have a simple, efficient, fast and as professional design as possible.

I hope my answer will bring some grist to your CAD mill.

If necessary...  

Cédric.

3 Likes

Hello

A small observation.

If you have to make tubes, why not use the routing module. That's what he's made for.

It manages intersections, connections, connections .....

In short, it's made to design tubes!!!

This is provided in the Premium version of SW.

Kind regards

2 Likes

FYI;

What you will like is at the end of the video during the dynamic cut, you will see that the reboundary is automatic.

Keep us informed of the chosen solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSST3W0_Ojs

Cédric.

2 Likes

I didn't know the "routing" function...

I'll try it and I'll tell you if everything is okay!

Thanks again

Friendships