Realization of a 3D dimension and then conversion to 3D PDF

Hello

After having made a 3D dimension of my solid model in solidworks, I would like to be able to display it after conversion to 3D PDF.

After several tests, the dimension disappears after the model is converted to a 3D PDF. I know that using the free version of adobe (and not accrobat) makes some elements such as the texture disappear among others.

I would therefore like to seek the opinion of a user who has already done this kind of thing if the problem comes from the fact that I am using the "free" version of adobe, and that it makes my rating disappear in the same way as the textures or if the problem comes from elsewhere.

This function would be very useful to me since the work PCs are locked (eDrawing installation impossible), so my only way to send a 3D model to the operators is to go through a 3D PDF. I already know the 3D measurement tool included in adobe, I would like the dimension to appear in the same way as the 3D part when opening the 3D PDF.

Thank you,  Maxime

I don't think it's possible.

Why not make screen prints of your 3D side, or save the views you are interested in jpeg?

1 Like

Okay, thank you.

This is a possible alternative, although ideally I would have preferred to be able to integrate the rating directly.

If this feature is not yet available, all you have to do is cross your fingers that it will arrive soon.

Functions such as the display of section views being present in adobe, the fact that a basic function such as the display of the 3D dimension is not present seemed strange to me.

Thank you :-) 

1 Like

And even saving as executable edrawings, it doesn't work?

Probably yes, however I go through the PDF because the pc of the person to whom I want to send the model cannot receive installation (enterprise pc) so going through the 3D pdf was the easiest way I found.

Hello

You can do this with solidworks MBD.

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/products/technical-communication/solidworks-mbd.htm

I don't know of a free solution unfortunately

@+

1 Like

The principle of executable edrawing is that there is no installation required.

Try it, and let us know if it's suitable.

2 Likes

Okay, how does it go to create this type of file?

Thank you

Edit: I found, indeed the executable edrawing allows you to display the rating and to bypass the problem related to the installation. Thank you for your advice :-).

1 Like

However, be careful, because edrawing files in .exe quickly become large.

1 Like