Threading on a convex part

Hello, working in the automotive screws industry, I am looking to draw threads on parts whose end is convex in shape, the thread must be constant on the purpose of the part....

Is it possible with the threading tool?

Hello

Yes, if your thread is made after your part has been formed. Just create a tangent plane and put the hole on that plane.

Could you put a screen print of your room to be able to help you better.

Hello 

Would you know how to create a tangent plane on a convex surface?

I attach the model of the part to be made

piece_fini.sldprt

Dsl I can't open because under 2016. Can you make a screen print?

yes thank you for your attention.... the thread is an M6x1 and must be constant over the entire profile of the rod

capture_vis.png

Can you also make me a WWTP of your part?

Is this version right for you?

piece_fini.step

Hello 

I think I have found the solution, here is a screenshot of the result....

I used the removal of swept material by creating the inner profile of my thread and on a spiral defined by step and revolution with a reduction in the diameter of the turns at the end....

If you find another method I'm all for it....

Thank you for your help

capture_vis_ogivale.png

Hello @Guillaume

Out of pure curiosity, do you think your thread will work?

Do you already have an app that exists somewhere? Indeed, I would sincerely be very curious to see how the net will be hooked during screwing. Unless there is an assembly with a glue, I'm curious to discover ;-)

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello@Zozo

Indeed, I don't think the thread works if we 3D print the part. I was just looking to make a graphic representation for the realization of the machine adjustment sheet, it's just visual to help the people in the workshop to represent the shape to be obtained on the finished part. We make screws by deformation, there is no chip removal....