Receiving SOLIDWORKS Part Property Data

Hello

I would like to retrieve the Solid data and those created by myself of a part in an excel file.

Is this possible?

THANK YOU

Hello

What kind of data do you want to recover?

Indeed, it is possible to create custom properties and then retrieve them in the form of a nomenclature that can then be saved in Excel format.

The data that can be recovered are, for example: 

- Description (you can explain the purpose of the part)

- the supplier 

- the material

- the reference

- Mass

That's exactly what I want to retrieve, the designation, the date of creation, the author, machine....., for each piece.

On the other hand, the Excel file is used to list all my plans that I have created, so I have to retrieve the data of several parts in this same file.

No worries about that then.

Simply create a custom properties file using the "Property Tab Builder" software normally supplied with solid works.

In this software you can create a property table that you can assign either to parts or to assemblies.

Then you have to create a nomenclature with the columns corresponding to your properties.

Then in the final assembly insert the BOM table and choose the BOM you created.

Then click on the nomenclature in the creation tree. Right-click save as and choose the Excel format.

2 Likes

This seems quite complex to me compared to the excel file which should also increment by itself, on the other hand it is not possible to retrieve the information of the property?

Thank you

sans_titre.png

Hello

My Cad's utility, Smart Properties, is designed to simplify the creation of parts, assembly, and drawing properties. You can create configurable values, drop-down lists, automatic values, retrieve soidworks variables...

Here is a little tutorial available on lynkoa: http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tools-et-macros/utilitaires/utilitaire-smartproperties-2013.html

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Go to the final assembly and follow these steps: 

-Insert, Table, BOM

-Choose list in tabs and choose from the drop-down menu how you want the parts numbered.

- Validate and place the BOM anywhere in your window.

*Normally you should have a nomenclature with 4 columns.

It works like an Excel file

- Right-click on the last column

-Insert

- there it offers you a window with a drop-down menu it automatically finds the properties of the rooms.

I'll let you create the nomenclature you like the most.

To save it in modeled a faith the finished nomenclature

- in the Creation Tree

- right click on the bill of materials

- Save as template

All you have to do is always choose this nomenclature.

To save it in Excel format

-Right click saved in Excel.

Good luck.

Hello, nicolas.morel

The thing is that I want to retrieve the information of the part and not of the assembly or the mep, the properties of the part: material, designer, date of creation, and other info that I created for my parts, I need to store all this information in an excel file that will increment each time I create a new plan in the year In court example: 001-2013, 002-2013........

This is what I want to do.