Find an object far from my workspace

Hello

When I zoom in at best I can't see my solids anymore (too small) I think there  is a solid or something else very far from my construction, how to find  this object.

Thank you in advance

Hello

Two possibilities:

1) Make tools/assembly Xpert. If an element is very far away from the others, an error will appear.

2) Go to Tools/Options/System Options/Feature Manager and make sure the "Dynamic Highlight" option is checked. With this option, by passing over the lines (without clicking) in the Feature Manager (tree) a cube will appear in the graphics window showing you where the pointed element is located. This will help you identify that one element is very far from the others. Or it will show you that one of the elements has a huge volume, so that is where the problem lies.

2 Likes
When you zoom in at best, you can see which side SolidWorks zooms out. If you make a rectangle selection with the mouse on the opposite side where the base assembly was, you can see in the build tree which component is concerned. It can thus be assigned a constraint of coincidence with the origin of the assembly (directly from the construction shaft). Hoping I have been clear.
3 Likes

And if in the creation tree, you click on the solid in question that you can't find.

Then click on normal to and you'll get to the solid in question, right?

2 Likes

By clicking on each solid you should find the one of lost

if necessary you hide the solids you found

and if you have a solid in another one you'll find it

@+ ;-))

1 Like

A bit like .PL but in reverse. If you make a selection on your assembly (when you see it correctly) and a solid is not selected in the tree, it must be the one you have trouble with.

2 Likes

Hello

I think you may have a component that is very far from your main origin of assembly.

I had made a short video on YouTube on the "Assembly Diagnostics" function. I think this can help you check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CncJPWm1eI0

Kind regards

2 Likes