Retrieval of sheet metal information

Hello

I wanted to know if there was a way to retrieve a value in the custom property when a part is turned into sheet metal?

That I add this line 'Sheet metal' on my templates  (. PRTDOT) and that it returns a value when the 'Convert to sheet metal' or 'Bent/Leg baseplate' function is used.

I thought I saw it lying around somewhere on the forum but looking for info based on 'sheet metal' is just impossible ...

Thank you for taking the time to read me.

Hello

It seems to me that this is not possible in the custom properties, but you can have some of them by right-clicking the expanded view of the part and then annotation==>properties of the list of soldered parts. Let's see if you find what you're looking for. See PJ

Or via a macro, but I can't help you...

surface_de_tole_a_plat.jpg

After some research I start to find a substitute answer, I will go through the variable 'Folds' to know or not if it is a sheet metal part. The second part of the program will do the rest (if ≥ 1 then sheet metal)

Now I have another problem, the welded parts table doesn't work on symmetrical parts, or I forget to check a box ...

Thank you for your beginning of your answer Ac Cobra you allowed me to go a little further!

I managed to put this custom property on a template after a few attempts.

As a result, after using the template and creating a part, the property loses its reference and is useless :'( 

So I joined Ac Cobra , it didn't seem possible to me and we were forced to go through a drawing.

You can also create a specific BOM with the columns with the information you need and save it and then call it as you see fit.

You can retrieve sheet metal properties with smartproperties (MYcad utility) or otherwise with macro.