Retrieve the name of a display state in a property

Hi everyone

I would like to be able to retrieve the name of a display state in a property and put it a nomenclature, is it possible?

Thank you

It doesn't seem feasible to me: the value of a property can be linked to a configuration but for the same configuration you can have several display states.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your answer, I wish I could put a color property in a room, but without going through configurations. Is there a way?

Hi everyone, I'm back to ask for help on the same topic, is it possible to recover the name of an appearance? ("Green PE" on attached image).

Thank you

nom_de_lapparence.png

Hi Maxime, to my knowledge no, otherwise you have to create a specific variable but not related to your appearance. 

Why not go through the material otherwise? Lots of color to manage per material?

Hello

In your (custom) material library, you can add custom properties to each material

The "SelectMaterial" tool from myCADtools allows you to automatically retrieve the custom properties of materials as part properties (Document or configurations): https://help.visiativ.com/mycadtools/2021/fr/SelectMaterial.html 

Other information: The "ColorChart" tool of myCADtools allows you to assign normalized colors (Pantone/RAL/RGB) to SW entities and to retrieve the properties of these colors as part properties: https://help.visiativ.com/mycadtools/2021/fr/ColorChart.html

Cdlt

Otherwise, see to resume the value of a property that is linked to a configuration but with configurations that are linked to display states.

maximus, you still don't have myCADtools ?

Hi Anthony,

Impossible to link colors to a property, rooms already have no configurations, it becomes exponential and unmanageable to create them for colors.

So we've been working with Mycadtools for a little over a year.

Color Chart doesn't correspond to what we want to do, but I'll see with "select material"

Thank you

1 Like

Hi acombien,

Sorry I confused Color Chart with another application, so I imagine that you can customize colors on Color Chart? Put the name you want?

In an assembly, can I apply the desired colors to the parts and bring out this property in a painting?

We only have Solidworks 2016..... compatibility with Color Chart only since the 2017 version......    :/

Hello Maximus

You can find all the information in the online documentation

https://help.visiativ.com/mycadtools/2021/fr/ColorChart.html

Yes, you can create your own RGB color chart

You can apply a color to a component in an assembly and retrieve as a property of the part: the standard/family/name/RGB values

For SW2016 I can unfortunately not do much!

Cdlt

1 Like

Thank you for your answer acombier, it's a good avenue to try, more than to push to have another version of solidwokrs.

Antony, we only use one material and it can have several colors. In the head assembly I can therefore have a multitude of these parts either put directly into the head assembly or in sub-assemblies. I don't want to create configurations in the rooms because they already have configurations and it becomes unmanageable. So I want to be able to apply my color to the part directly in the assembly (like for an appearance) and output this color in a nomenclature. If I could get the name of the appearance out in a nomenclature it would already be great.

I hope I'm clear enough ^^.

A+

It's very clear maximus but unfortunately I don't have the solution ;-)

Hello 

I am of the same opinion as @stefbeno , "part drawing views (otherwise BOM) can have configuration but no display state". So unless you go through the configuration there is no way to separate the parts in the BOMs, Ref

1 Like