Retrieve the names of the parts in mechanically welded

Hello

After assembling a piece of furniture in mechanically welded, I make a plan of the whole with a name. In this nomenclature, in the description column I get the names of my profiles (example: square tube 50x50x2).

Then I go back to my set to edit each piece that makes up my set. So I use the "save bodies" function so that SolidWorks will edit all the parts of my set in a folder. This is where the problem comes in, SolidWorks does edit all the parts of my set but it does not rename them randomly (example: Body24, Body25, Adjust/Extend 12, Mechanically Welded Element1, ...).

So my question is how do I get a consistent part name?

Thank you in advance.

SW15

Hello, normally the names of the bodies are retrieved automatically:

In general, I prefer to stay on a direct MEP from the mechanically welded to take advantage of the properties of the welded construction module with its list of welded parts rather than recreating an assembly and parts

4 Likes

Hello

You have to go to the 3d, property  of the welded mechanics, summary of properties, description tab  and then enter the name chosen by hand.

May the force be with you

mecano_soudee.jpg

Yes I agree with what you marked, this is the method I use to extract my parts but my question is can I make SolidWorks retrieve the names of my profiles for example instead of these random names (Mechanically welded1, gusset1, ...)

Hello

You have to go to the 3d, property  of the welded mechanics, summary of properties, description tab  and then enter the name chosen by hand.

May the force be with you

mecano_soudee.jpg
1 Like

Yes I have already entered my description values to get the name I want but when I want to register my parts separately, the names obtained remain: Mechanically welded element ...

Hello

In my opinion, either you go to your 3D, you rename each body and it will suggest to you when you go to register the bodies the names you have given or when you register your bodies, you double-click the automatic name it assigns to you, you rename and you click "save.

See visuals attached.

renommer_les_corps.pdf

Yes but on some assemblies, I exceed 100 pieces, isn't there a way to retrieve the names automatically?

Hello

For me I think that given  that you start from a mechanically welded multibody part to end up on individual parts, you necessarily have the links so dead part.

may the force be with you.

I don't think it's feasible. If it is, it is beyond my knowledge, sorry.

In any case, I can suggest you, in your next conceptions, to name your bodies directly to save this time at the end since it is distributed during the conception.

Good night.

2 Likes

Hello

Good news in SW 2016 it is the case, the descriptions are in the name of the Feature manager function and therefore in the name of the bodies if we export in assembly.

@+

2 Likes

In SolidWorks 2016, AutoRecover is named after the last feature that is on the pipe 

To name the tubes and to have an auto name, I create a material removal by naming the function in the same way as the name written on the tube.

For the moment I do it manually. 

I would have liked the part number to be automatic but it doesn't seem to be possible.

In the drawing when we create the list of tubes, we have a list with an  article number "No. article"

this means that in 3D, the profiles also have a number.... No?

Is it possible to retrieve this kind of information?