Retrieve material-specific properties for file properties

Hi all

I wanted to know if it was possible to retrieve the specific properties of a custom material to automatically fill in the properties of the file, which will then fill the drawing block?

Thank you in advance and have a good day,

capture.png

Hello

No, this is not possible in the SW (SelectMaterial) features. There is a utility from the myCADtools suite that meets your expectations. See description here: https://help.visiativ.com/mycadtools/2021/fr/SelectMaterial.html

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello, it's very weird because it seems that the properties filled in at this level are not directly accessible from SW (a priori only via macros in VBA according to the help).

So I really wonder why SW has provided this possibility of adding custom properties in materials (if they are properties because it's not very clear).

To please Visiativ who has developed a tool that manages to use these 'properties'?

2 Likes

I will probably ask for a ticket for these property stories, I will inform you.

1 Like

Hello @froussel,

The tools in the myCADtools suite are all the result of an idea or needs reported by users. They are indeed there to make the most of SOLIDWORKS features and sometimes, yes, fill a gap. Through these standard developments, our wish is to improve the designer's daily life in front of his screen and therefore, the R&D team is always at your disposal to develop the more than 50 tools of the myCADtools suite.

Kind regards

3 Likes