Drivewoks xpress configuration rule

I am in the process of creating sheet metal chests set up with driveworks express.

The goal is to release the DXF for our laser cutting, the bending range already existing via another software.

Everything is fine for the creation as long as I don't integrate options.

However I have to integrate options (they are characterized by material removal)

So I made configurations in my rooms listing the different possible options, then I adapted my assembly file to display the different configurations.

I also managed the dimensions with driveworks.

The problem is that I can't create the rule to show the desired configuration.

In the capture part I defined the dimensions and functions to be controlled and in the driveworks form part I created a drop-down list with the choice: "WITHOUT", "RIGHT" and "LEFT" which corresponds to the 3 configurations, I also created a digital text box form to control the dimensions.

In my assembly the 3 configurations created are present, how to attach a rule to display the right configuration.

Thank you

Hello François!

You don't need to define all possible configurations of your product in SOLIDWORKS.

The advantage of DriveWorks technology is that it does not need to create all these configurations manually and instead controls the functions and dimensions using rules.

So if you've captured the functions that you want to show, delete or delete as well as the dimensions that you want to change, you can simply set your rules to link those captured elements with the values present in your forms.

I hope this is clear enough, please feel free to ask for more information if needed.

Sincerely,

Thomas

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you for the answer, if I understood correctly, you just have to play with the state of the functions and dimensions in each room.

To display a desired model in the assembly.

But then how should I apply the rule?

Problem solved.

I created a checkbox form for the Left and Right configuration

=IF( formulaire_caseà check=true ,"NS" , "S" )

In the room the functions are NS

If no checkbox is selected, then the features in the rooms are Deleted