Solidworks Reinstallation

Hello

We are currently transitioning our CAD workstations from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so we need to reinstall Solidworks.

We are currently working with Solidworks 2016 SP05 but our installation DVD is an SP01 version (I should point out that we are no longer subscribed to support).

Is it possible to reinstall the SP05 pack or are we damned to go back to SP01?

Thank you for your enlightened opinions.

Hello

Normally you should have downloaded the update when it was installed and since you are no longer under maintenance you would only be entitled to the sp05 version. You don't have it anywhere on the server or on the PC anymore?

1 Like

Hello Cobra,

I have a folder that is  863MB and contains a setup.exe file, but when you launch it, it opens the installation manager and tries to download files. That's where it gets stuck because we're no longer under maintenance...

Hello

Typically, files are downloaded to the following folder:

C:\Users\[JOB USER NAME]\Documents\SOLIDWORKS Downloads\SOLIDWORKS [YEAR] SP[X]

For my part, I'm on the 2018 SP 03 version and the complete file is a little more than 14 GB.

Feel free to dig into the first PC on which you installed the SP5. Once you find this famous folder, you will be able to reinstall it everywhere without going through a clean file download.

I don't have those files.

I would like to point out that the installation of W10 has only been done on one workstation for the moment.

Mine is still under W7 and Solidworks 2016 SP05. Is it possible to create a reinstall file from my version?

You don't have to reinstall everything: it is possible to migrate from W7 to W10.
I did it for all the machines in the office, some didn't like the joke but overall it worked well.

The procedure I followed:
Install the latest update directly and it works.
To do this:
- I typed "Windows 10 update" in my search engine,
- I took the answer "https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/4027667/windows-10-update"
-then "To get the latest major Windows 10 update, see Get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update." which sent me there: "https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update"
- I chose "If version 1903 is not offered automatically via Check for updates, you can get it manually via the Update Wizard." which leads to "https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/windows10" (link to keep in the end apparently).
- the "update now" button allows you to load an exe file named Windows10Upgrade9252.exe (the last 4 digits change depending on the version) and Hop! in 1903.

The only thing that's a bit annoying is that it pre-installs Office365 even if you already have a version of Office that is present, so you have to do a little cleaning.

4 Likes

Hello Stef,

Thank you for your answer, but it's an external company that reinstalls all this... And now, it's underway...

Good luck!

Have you tried to connect to the Solidworks website?

The SW2016 SP5 folder is 12GB.

I finally downloaded the 2016 SP05 pack on the visiativ website.

Everything is back to normal, thanks to those who took the time to help me.