Replace piercing symbols with text

Hello

I sometimes use the "piercing symbol" tool in my drawings.

When it comes to a countersunk or lamé hole, a specific symbol is attached to the dimension ( \/  or |_| )

My head proofreader doesn't like these symbols and would prefer text

Is there a possibility to replace this automatically, or by changing the SW registers.

<HOLE-SPOT> would become "Lamé"

<HOLE-SINK> would become "Milled"

Or isn't the easiest thing to do is to change the head proofreader...?

2 Likes

As soon as you start changing the symbols, it can lead to complications (this file is editable but absolutely not intuitive). In addition, you have to redo it with each new version, and when you start to customize it you never end (through everything...)

So your proposal to change corrector would surely be the best!

We modified this file for a year with all the hassle that went with it, to finally restore the Solidworks standard and the people in the workshop (head + machinist) very quickly assimilated the symbols, and since then no more problems.

3 Likes

As soon as you start changing the symbols, it can lead to complications (this file is editable but absolutely not intuitive). In addition, you have to redo it every time you have a new five nights at freddy's version, and when you start to customize it you can't finish (through everything...)

So your proposal to change corrector would surely be the best!

We modified this file for a year with all the hassle that went with it, to finally restore the Solidworks standard and the people in the workshop (head + machinist) very quickly assimilated the symbols, and since then no more problems.

Thank you for your answers.