Making a Wireframe Transparent Part in a Drawing

Hello

I have a protective plexiglass and I can't get the objects behind this component to display it, which is very transparent in shade. By hiding the component it doesn't solve the problem because I want to see the contours of this plexiglass. Do you have a tip?

Thank you

1 Like
There is an option by right-clicking on the part, (or in the properties) "Show/hide hidden edges".

Convert the surface into a sketch and then hide the part?

Hello

You can make a local cut with a rectangular sketch for example (depending on the shape of your plexiglass and what you want to see through it!): Insert/Drawing View/Local Section.

That way, you create a "window" through your plexiglass.

2 Likes

Just put this transparent component as a wireframe

@+ ;-))

1 Like
It is also possible to create a configuration without the plexiglass and display it as "Other position view", see this link:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Alternate_Position_View.htm?id=f6e78822508d488d82a367e8856ea550

2 Likes

not bad this solution Benoit.lf but I tried to illustrate the problem, in dotted line or in solid it would need this kind of result:

In ISO the depth of the local cut may be difficult.

1 Like

and well seen your request

If you put yourself in wireframe and you select the thickness lines and delete them it should do it

@+ ;-))

If you want to see the elements behind in dotted lines, look at the @.PL proposal on the display of 2 simultaneous configurations: "other position view".

As for my proposal, the easiest way would be to make an assembly config and to do a material removal on the plexi in one of the configs.

.PL right!

You have to create a new config with the name of plexi for example and delete the plexi in this config then create a view with multiposition, bravo!

1 Like