Component Repeat Driven by a Solidworks 3D Sketch

I would like to make a Repeat of a component driven by a 3D sketch but on several planes of a prismatic type part.

Except solidworks does it to me except that it orients me all the repeated parts in the same direction...

Do you have a solution for it to automatically orient my parts in the right direction? because I have about ten plugs to put on each side and I would save time with a 3D sketch

thank you in advance

Hello @Tidjo

Could you give us a screenshot of the surfaces that should receive the prismatic caps.
Also one where we see your 3D sketch as well as the parameters you use to do your component repetition.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello Zozo,

Attached 3 Screenshots:

1 with my earplugs in the right way 

1 with 3D repeats and caps all in the same direction.

1 view of the points of my 3D sketch

Thank you

bouchon_ok.png

2nd view

bouchon_non_ok.png

3D Sketching

esquisse_3d.png

and the parameters used in the repeat

parametre.png

You should see the lower part of the feature manager.

1 Like

Hello @Tidjo

It seems normal to me what SW is doing because it does not reason in relation to the normal (let's say the upper side).  Indeed you are not in the case of a circular repetition either.
I tried with a 3D spline connecting on both sides: but rusk! SW doesn't want to!

I don't think it's possible to do that  simply: especially since if you don't do 200 a day the interest of repetition is debatable. ;-) ;-)

Kind regards

2 Likes

I agree with zozo_mp, it's a repetition so necessarily in the same direction.

2 Likes

Solidworks should allow you to do what you want.

But you shouldn't do a rehearsal by sketch.

You have to do a repetition based on a drilling/tapping function. (given your part there is a chance that this is what you used)

In your tapping drilling function, you need to have the holes on your entire part (normally it should work: when Solidworks sees the point on the surface it will do its normal drilling on the surface).

Nb: to be validated anyway but it should be OK

1 Like