Linear Repeat in a Folder

Hello

In an assembly I usually create a folder where I put all my screws, but if I do a repeat of a screw for example, I can't move this repeat in this folder, the repeats can't be moved in the feature manager by the way they are always at the bottom of the tree!!

Excuse me, I like it when it's tidy!!

1 Like

Hello. I have already been confronted with this problem but, to my knowledge, there is no possibility of inserting these operations (repetitions, symmetry, ...) in a file... Too bad, yes !

2 Likes

Indeed, SW doesn't mix tea towels and towels (functions and components), he also likes to tidy things up ;-)).

4 Likes

Hello

I work in the same way as you and I also create a repetition folder of parts to reduce the size of the shaft and another for some shared functions...

in an ASM, all components are above constraints (constrained folders).

Below the constraints, it is a PRT type tree (and all that that implies...)

The two fields are not calculated in the same way (see SW's basic philosophy, and how the nomenclatures are calculated).

A component is not a function.

It's like a question that was asked a short time ago, to mix an ASM nomenclature and a PRT-Const.Soudée, it's totally impossible, and doesn't correspond at all with the philosophy of the software.