SOLIDWORKS Linear Repeating Different Spacings

Hi all

just a simple little question, but for which I have not been able to find answers....

Is it possible to make a linear repeat, by inserting a dimension of different spacing? (without the use of sketch repetition or the like)

Looking forward to your feedback.

Hello, personally I don't think so. Because if the spaces are different, it's no longer a linear repetition for me.

Cdt

uses array-driven repetition

3 Likes

If you are on Solidworks 2015 or newer, in the function you have an option "occurrences to vary" 

but I never used it.

Cdt

1 Like

or variable repetition, which is easier to use.

but beware of sketch references

1 Like

I can't find the solution, to have access to the "occurrence to vary" option....

Hello

linear repetition according to a sketch.

Make your body volume, make a sketch according to the direction of the repetition, in this sketch make a line / curve / ... (orientation) pass it to construction geometry and place several points on it (corresponding to the number of repetitions desired).

You can either make a repeat according to the center of gravity of the part, or by selecting a reference point, this allows you to define the origin of the interval of the repeat. 

Apparently the occurrences to vary only work if you do a repetition of functions but not for the bodies.

Otherwise it works pretty well, you put a base value and then you select an occurrence to which you say how much you want to shift it.

Cdt

G.

Because a picture always speaks better than words, an example of what you can do can be more accurate:)

1 Like

ok I just tried "occurrence to vary" and indeed for the functions, it works well.

Too bad there is not the same for the bodies ...

But hey, it suits me well in my case!

Thank you all!

Hello 

For my part; I think it would have been nice to validate G. Sloubi 1 because he was the one who told you about the option occurrences to vary.

But that's only my opinion...

6 Likes

Thank you @ac cobra but you must have noticed that it is becoming a habit... less and less politeness on the forum, people who don't validate a good answer (it must be too tiring) and some people give themselves the best answer by marking that they did what they didn't know before as if their little finger had told them.

Well... If I made a face for so little (despite the fact that it tries my nerves...) I would deactivate my Lynkoa account right away.

But it would be a shame given the good souls that we sometimes find (fortunately they are there to remind us why we do this.)

Cdt

4 Likes

Perfectly agree with you G, it's starting to become usual but hey we'll change nothing... I didn't even think to look if it's a one shoot in general it's them who validate themselves or leave the post open...

3 Likes

+1 G. Sloubi 1

3 Likes