Linear Sketch Repeat

Hello

A small question that comes to mind.

I do a lot of linear repetitions of sketches. In this function, we define the interval, the axis ...

Why then is it necessary, once the removal of material has been done, to dimension again and define the constraints to fully constrain the sketch.

It's a bit of a double job... Is it an option to check in the solidworks settings or options so that it is fully constrained without having to re-coast afterwards?

I hope I have been clear...:) Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hello

is the box spacing of the dimensions in X ( or y) checked?

If that's the case, there should be a sketch of construction with the constraints?

Serge

1 Like

Hello

You're right but if you check "dimension spacing" in X or Y you only have a parallelism constraint to put

May the force be with you

rep.jpg
1 Like

Hello

That's the problem with sketch rehearsals and the reason why I don't use them!

Or I resort to repetition at the level of the function. Or I do my own sketch rehearsal which doesn't take much longer and can be modified much more in case of a rehearsal of the piece.

Because the second big problem for me is the repetition which is totally tedious since you can't edit the repetition once validated.

2 Likes

Hello

I made you like a little tutorial in joite pieces to totally constrain your sketch rehearsal.

I hope this is useful to you.

Have a nice day.

contrainte_repetition_desquisse.pdf
4 Likes

Hi @remrem,

For a few versions (I can't tell you which one exactly), it is quite possible to edit a sketch rehearsal, see video attached with SW 2015.

A+

Mick

editer_rep_esquisse.mp4
7 Likes

Bravo Mick Cordero, that was the answer I was going to give.

This sketching function has evolved a lot and I don't really know since when, SW2013 or 2012?

Since we see the number of repetitions on the sketch.

Good evening

Personally, I use sketch rehearsals when I know for a fact that I won't go back to my piece, precisely because of these constraints to be added....

Thanks to Mick for his video on this option that I didn't know about

Has

Hello

Indeed I was not up to date!

yes indeed Serge R., it limits the constraints, thank you very much