Repeat detail view in a plan

Hello

I am in the process of making a user manual for assembling a piece of furniture in SolidWorks.

After having made an exploded view and spotted all the elements, I added a zoom (detail view) to locate the screws.

Of course, I didn't draw all the screws in the assembly, but I want to copy this zoom on the plan in different places to show more clearly where the screws go.

How do you do this without having to redesign almost all the screws?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

I understand your problem;

I've tested several techniques on my own but none of them work to reproduce the same zoom in a shot several times. Maybe it can't be done.

If not, I hope someone will offer you a solution; I add the people who follow my posts by writing to you here, to call out to the people of the community.

++

Hello

It is not possible to copy a detail view or a section view since they must refer to another view. So the only way is to make as many views as you want by changing the configuration. You will then be able to create detail views for each of the views.

On the other hand, in each of your assembly configurations, you can create exploded views (by copying them from one configuration to another, and thus insert several exploded views in your drawing. That's another avenue.

I don't have any other ideas at the moment!

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

An idea comes to me but I haven't tested it, why not make an image from your detail and then use this image for the rest?

I don't know the result at all in terms of quality, I don't have time to test tonight.

@+

On 2013 there is a function to convert views to sketches.

After that, just glue the block to the other places.

2 Likes

Coyote:

I have already tried to create an image of the detail and then integrate it into the plan but the result is mediocre because the image becomes grey and illegible when printed.

paschal:

Unfortunately I am working with SW 2012.

At night I bring advice, I will create a new assembly only of the detail, then integrate it into the plan, it's a bit DIY but it's a solution.

Thank you for your answers.

Indeed, in 2013 you can transform a detail view into a block, reproducible at will. The only downside is that adding dimensions after the fact on a block does not take into account the scale. Solution for those interested: dimension the entire geometry of the first zoom and then remove the unnecessary ones on the reproduced blocks.

@pascal: thanks for the tip.