Representation of a ribbed sheet

In SolidWorks 2014 sp5.0, what is the trick to represent the streaks on a sheet metal:

1 Like

Hello

Either by mapping, or by removing the material on a diamond and then repeating the function

Apply an appearance

Indeed, the appearance is great for 3D (you still have to find the appearance of the ridged sheet metal !!), but for the drawing.

Hatching?

Hello

You can also display textures in the drawing in shaded mode, right?

1 Like

it looks like this

capture.jpg

@thierry, it's teardrop sheet metal not streaked....

@Frédéric, good idea, I'll look for any diamond-type hatchets

Hello Flegendre,
To have the grooves on a sheet metal, it's up to you to create a sketch with material removal.+ repetition of your function to simplify your life.

Or, to put in the appearances of your room, the Metal/Steel/Stainless Steel Footstool skin.which will be visible only in photoview).

Good luck

Hello

I apply an appearance. I go into plastic then composite and I take dyneema carbon fiber and I apply it to the face concerned then I edit the appearance and there a square appears on the part and I pull on it to have the rendering I want...

@flegendre, can you send us an overview of the result you get via the @Frédéric method please?

It's really because you're @Aurélien Fives

3 Likes

I'm coming after the battle, but .PL's right. If you apply a texture and you make an ombré reconstruction, normally it appears on your drawing (if your next material looks like something other than a diamond;) )

1 Like

Oh, your goodness will ruin you! Thank you very much!