SolidWorks schematic representation

Hi all

Do people use the schematic representation in SolidWorks to create an assembly?

Are there any real advantages?

Thank you.

Hello

Of course, this is a fairly practical function to create really suitable parts, but for my part, I use the usual functions by editing the part if I really want to work on the assembly. But maybe I haven't looked into it enough either!

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Hello

I use the schematic representation feature, and I find it efficient, because I save time, and even seeing the assembly I'm going to create is what it works or doesn't

1 Like

Hello

I would say that it all depends on what you conceive.

Giving an answer with so few elements is tricky.

What is certain is that schematic representation is very practical when designing an assembly with moving parts.

Very quickly, with the sketching tools, you can draw the different parts schematically, animate them, and therefore, check trajectories for example. This allows you to rectify the situation if you notice a problem. The designer is therefore more responsive and saves time on his project.

Then, we can rely on these sketches to create the parts in 3D (but be careful, there are external references).

Designing everything with a schematic representation is not suitable and necessary (in my humble opinion). On the other hand, for part of the design, why not, it can be very good.

In any case, it is a working methodology. It must adapt to the problems of each person and is not "universal" or a design standard.

Yves

4 Likes

So it's especially useful for moving parts, which we don't use, that answers my question perfectly! Thank you.

Do you remember the little articulating puppets that you made in primary school with nails and cardboard? by pulling a single rope we move the arms and legs!!

Well, the schematic representation on SolidWorks is exactly the same thing, basically it allows you to validate a dynamic operating system without having to carry out the complete design.

3 Likes