Reverse engineering via triangulation laser

Hello 

Following a given project, I have to scan a part of about 1m^3 and use the reverse engineering to check it. That is to say, taking a side on the part opened directly on SolidWorks. At first, the play will be a piece of revolution. It will be scanned using a MicroEpsilon (https://www.micro-epsilon.fr/displacement-position-sensors/laser-sensor/) laser. The goal is to move the laser point by point on the part and thus generate an xls file where each position is listed in relation to the 3D x,y,z plane. And then make it into a file that can be used on Solidworks. My questions are as follows. Is it possible to simply control your parts by reverse engineering? If so, what about accuracy? If not, for what reason? I'm very vague on the subject because I have very little experience in reverse engineering. Feel free to ask me any questions to clarify the problem.

Thanks in advance

Lionel

Hello

There is apparently a simpler way since some scanners directly provide a file that can be used by solidworks. Look in import export operation and then in scan to 3D

but also in video Scan to 3D in video on youtioubheu

There are training courses on the subject organized by VIsiativ (I don't have any commission as an influencer   ;-)  )
Training is a good solution because you say you have very little experience in reverse engineering, look at JavElin for a concrete example.

I suggest you look for Add-ins that will make reverse engineering easier for you like Xtrac3D from POLYGA but there are others easily found by searching with Add-in or Plug-in for SW

Kind regards

3 Likes

Good evening @tous

Another "Fire and forget" question unless the applicant has been cut into a slice by the lightsaber.

It reminds me of poor Ducros who is going crazy!

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello Zozo_mp,

And yes, sometimes I wonder if Ducros wasn't a bit also a Duke. !!!

Kind regards

1 Like

Good evening 

Excuse me for this late answer. Thank you first of all for your answers, I will turn to the different links you have provided me and deepen my research tomorrow! It's not easy to find content without knowing exactly what you're looking for, hence my question.

I wish you a good evening/day.

You should especially know if you want to do dimensional control or reverse engineering.

1 Like

The primary function is to perform dimensional control on large parts (about 1m^3)

I'm not sure that Sw is the best software for this kind of work.
From the little I have seen/practiced, the control solutions offered by machine vendors are more suitable (better user guidance, script creation, digital processing and recognition).