Splitting a Footprint into Two Bodies

Well, I must not be good at it... or I'm too much looking for a function that is not present on Solidworks.

I use Sldws 2022

I created a block in a piece file. Then via an assembly, I inserted another part to make an imprint.
I would now like to be able to separate this piece in two according to the " parting line"

Where the bottom hurts: it's that my parting line is not precisely flat and follow a revolution.
My top parting line goes outwards while the lower one stays on the inside

Do you have an idea of how to do this?

Test_Empreinte.SLDPRT (2.5 MB)

Hello coin37coin,

I'm not too familiar with molding, but here's a link for your question =>Footprints and PropertyManager Footprint - 2022 - SOLIDWORKS Help
Good luck, @+.
AR.

The imprint is already made but thank you @A.R . It's cleaner as a help than what I had :slight_smile:

Hello

I didn't quite understand your request, but have you tried the split function?
In my example I split my disk with a curve (from the middle plane).
It's a function that I use every day to divide a volume into several parts, and also used for those who make molds.

For those who have never used this function, you need to make a sketch that "cuts your piece with one or more strokes.
Then select the split function, and cut the workpiece, then click on the areas/parts to be cut.

For the " inside " part of the "exterior" part, does the draft function not do the trick (something that you are slightly obliged to do either on the part or on the mold when you make this kind of part.

3 Likes