Second part extruded too thick

Hello

Under 2016, I extrude from a part cut at 45°.

The problem is that this part is not the same thickness as the 1st part.

How could I do it?

diiity

capture.jpg
1 Like

It's okay I think I've found it, it's a question of angle in relation to the outside part.

So I modified this angle by making a first sketch to be able to measure the angle, it's the capture of the first message  and then redo my sketch with the right angle.

It's not "orthodox" but it works.

Now I'm taking a more "Catholic" solution

diiity

capture.jpg
3 Likes

If you create a plan and a sketch on your section at 45

and you convert the entities you will have a sketch that exactly matches the sides of your pieces 

and an extrusion your sides will be the same in section 

@+

Hello 

why not use the Swiped Boss/Base function with group selection?

It would be simpler, you would just have to create your section profile and orient a line corresponding to your profile length. 

3 Likes

If the two parts are in the same plane, you can extrude them into a single function by managing your thicknesses.

Otherwise you can do a scan, you create your path with your 45° angle and then your sketch to scan.

A+

2 Likes

It doesn't work better or I didn't understand.

A 45° cut is wider than a 90° one , that's the problem, it's the angle.

As soon as I make a recognition of the entities on the 45° view, the width is no longer in line with the 90° section.

There I answer gt22

capture.jpg

For A.Leblanc:

Could you send me your piece?

For Cyrille CM:

I didn't think about that either, so I start from the 90° section?

diiity

Hello

Where you have the cut at 45, you select your shortest face (the one perpendicular to the face with the diameter) and you make a sketch and you convert the entities of your profile and you make an extrusion on one side to the face and on the other the desired length...

1 Like

if you create your 90° plan since you want a 90° angle

you just have to convert the entities on the equisse of the plane and make an extrusion

See image and attached file

I made you an offbeat plan so that you can visualize the thing

On this offset plane, sketch and convert the entities

see SW 2012 file

@+

creation_de_profil_via_convertir_les_entitees.sldprt
1 Like

When two profiles have to be at 45° from each other, the angle of the plane they form (the mediator) is 22.5° (see attached image)

In fact, you can't leave with a normal extrusion on the resulting surface of the 45° cut.

Now that we see that the inside of your profile is also composed of two chambers, the simplest, it seems to me, is to use the scanning function.

sans_titre.png
2 Likes

Herewith... On the other hand I am in 2016

profile.sldprt
1 Like

In fact you could convert the entities (sketch) or the intersection curves on a plane perpendicular to your profile, but it would be cleaner to use your initial sketch and much less complicated in case of evolution or modifications of your part.

1 Like

Hello

Shouldn't you miter each section (cut the end of each section at an angle of 45°/2=22.5°)?

1 Like

And you only work on one plan, so there are several accessible solutions. If you have a twist in your profile, you would have to create guide curves.

Then you can redo a sketch and make an extrusion according to a plane perpendicular to your initial sketch, and use the shell function.

coque.sldprt

But the best solution is to sweep.

A small overview of the hull function which can be very useful for hollow profiles, on the other hand you have to play with multibodies if the whole part is not to be hollow.

Thank you all.

It's great, I learn every time I go through it.

I'm attaching my file and a screenshot to explain what I want exactly.

Originally this part comes from an stl that I cut and modified.

diiity

sup_venti.sldprt

Herewith... In fact there are several closed loops, so you have to repeat the function several times

sup_venti.sldprt

The basic question is:

Do you want A=B or something else?

For A=B, you have to make a bisector cut of the angle between the 2 pieces.

If A and B are imposed, this will determine the possible angle, which is easy to determine by drawing the triangle.

3 Likes

Super A.Leblanc, that's exactly it.

Just for fun:  if I want the angle to be curved?

diiity

Well no worries, you put a leave, on the other hand pay attention to the desired distance between the tangency and the starting part.

In your sketch, if you put a fillet it will take a distance from the intersection between the lines.

It's nice to have been able to help you.