Second part extruded too thick

One last thing, the surfacecut function, is it just to remove the veneers?

You create a shot and then surfacecut

diiity

It was to remove an annoying part to start again on a correct basis, after I didn't look too much at your tree structure but I think it would be better to review the organization of it.

By the way, the idea is there, then it's up to you to change the angle or the lengths, because I don't know your project.

In the end I still looked at your room between two MEPs, I understand your question better. The facets are actually the mesh of the part.

Indeed, instead of making sketches to cut your part, you can use surfaces or planes that intersect your part to remove part of it . You can also use the Intersect function with surfaces and planes, which allows you to cut your part in all directions.

Using these methods would allow you to have a slightly clearer construction tree.

I took the leave to see the difference with the sketch. See attached...

sup_venti.sldprt

Thank you it's very good, good job.

I can't open your last file, it tells me:

---------------------------
swShellFileLauncher
An error occurred while opening your file.
Contact technical support to try to find a solution.
OK   

And also this:

FeatureWorks
The SolidWorks database is missing. Not all features will be available.
OK   

diiity

Hello

I had to leave the site before the part was loaded

sup_venti.sldprt

Binjour

Dsl to do my rabajoie but I have the impression that the profile section is widening in the radius...

2 Likes

And yes of course you're right, you shouldn't put the same fillet value according to the thicknesses. DSL was to see the discrepancy with the sketch, see attached...

sup_venti.sldprt

If the choice is to make a curved piece, you might as well go through a sweep

the sections will remain uniform 

and agree with @cobra the section present is not very regular which can be normal via the design 

The wisest thing to do is to know exactly what the petitioner wants

to put the sides of the ends and ends to try to make something clean

now I think it's getting from + to + ................... hack from hack ;-(

@+

Yes, for sure, the piece was originally tinkered with, it would have to be completely redone.

Personally I left a plan for a cross-sectional view, a sketch to help you easily  understand why this difference in radius between the different sections, (you can delete them if it seems useless to you).

After that, it is true that it would be preferable to make the fillet directly on the guide curve, but here it was to present the difference in distance between the intersection of the sketch and the fillet.

Attached are the essentials...

sup_venti.sldprt
1 Like

Hello and thank you all, great tutorial

diiity