Select faces based on their surface

Hello
I have a room with a myriad of surfaces and I want to find one with a surface area of less than "X" mm².
Is there a way to do this?

I can also cunning by breaking down my (flat) piece into a myriad of bodies, and sorting by weight...

I have the mycad suite

Thank you for your help

Maybe while looking at sensors, I just heard about them in a few discussions on this forum but never had the opportunity to go deeper.

1 Like

Hello

This is to find the small area created by functions with a slightly messed up result, you can try with the tool "Geometry Analysis"

For the solution with the sensors, I think we have to create one per surface, which can be long.

1 Like

"This is to find the small area created by functions with a slightly messed up result, you can try with the tool "Geometry Analysis"

Absolutely nothing to do with it... but the tool is interesting!

I'm diving into the help to fully understand, but it's promising

Thank you!

Small faces

Small faces are faces where:
the length of all edges is less than the specified length and
the surface area of the face is less than the square of the specified length of an edge

To check for small faces, select the Negligible Geometry and Small Faces check boxes and specify the maximum edge length in the Length of All Edges check box. Faces with all edges less than the specified length are small faces.

In fact it doesn't suit me.

With this function we enter an X value and we find all the faces with no side > X and whose surface area is less than X².  I have a problem with the first side length setpoint. For example, if I'm looking for surfaces of less than 400mm², I type 20 in the length box. but I won't find the 25 x 15mm rectangles that interest me anyway because 25mm > 20mm

Maybe by making a nomenclature of surfaces?