Easily select the origin of an axis system (CATIA)

Hello

In CATIA, I use a lot of axis systems (coordinate systems).

I often need to select the origin of a coordinate system. However, I don't know any other way than to click the origin on the graph (the CATIA model). So it's very annoying when there are a lot of elements near the origin.

Would there be a technique to select an origin directly in the build tree?

I can see my marker in the tree as well as the coordinates of its origin but nothing is clickable to select the origin.

Thank you in advance for your help

Hello:

The origin of the axis system must be published.

Hi Franck and Happy New Year!

It's nice to talk to you again.

Good idea. 

On the other hand, for the publication of the origin, can you confirm that you had to select the origin on the graph because in the tree, it's not possible?

Thank you in advance for your feedback

I selected the origin (the point on the coordinate system) in the graphic space, yes.

By default, there are no elements to select at the Graph level.

Now in the definition of the coordinate system, if we select a point as the  origin (it is on this point that we will enter the coordinates and no longer on the origin of the coordinate system), we have the point at the level of the graph.

The trick to be more user-friendly is to create the point on the fly in the landmark definition window, when you validate it is created under the node of the marker.

If you don't want to do the trick every time you can duplicate it by copying and pasting

1 Like

A trick to find a function in the tree from the display space. Click on the entity, here a placemark and then Centergraph and that takes you to the function in the tree. If you take the origin, it will bring you to the point.

Regarding the release it is only if the catia environment is configured with . I don't recommend this feature if you can. There is no advantage to that. In my company it's locked and it's very restrictive.

Good evening @Pompon.

We can't say that there is no advantage to "publishing"!!  

The first use of  the publication is to offer a "shortened"  link to elements of the catia graph or geometry (indicate to other users for example the elements to select to constrain the part in an assembly).

The second (one of the most used) is interchangeability , whether on assembly constraints, a replacement of parameters, geometry, etc.

The configuration specific to your company that you are talking about is probably the limitation to the creation of links in the context of assembly (? ?).

1 Like

I completely agree with Franck  on the "publication";)

I would even say it is strongly recommended for complex assemblies, such as engines, where the geometry of the parts evolves during development,  the main axes and support surfaces of each part (crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, etc...) are "published". In order to save time (and user-friendliness) since the publications facilitate the reconnection of assembly constraints in the final Product (even if the geometry is different).

2 Likes