Select parts of a folder and assign properties to them

@Maximus:

Your question was, apart from EPDM, how to create properties in bulk:

The "SW Task Scheduler" with "Update (Create) Properties" is pure "Solid" and fits this role perfectly.

no it does not replace the "EPDM data card" if it is already present at your home (but it can possibly be useful to help you out, it's up to you to manage your EPDM cards to know how to update them properly...)

Be careful not to confuse the "SW Planner" with what @gt22 which is "SW Property Editor" has put in, they are two different things.

2 Likes

Thanks again to you gt22, with the property form editor and the sw task scheduler (I have the premiuim version), I really have everything I need to do well.

Ideally, you should be able to link the .prtprp file created with the property formula editor with the "update custom properties" task scheduler

1 Like

so you go for the "Task Scheduler" solution?

If so, don't forget to change the answer validated by the correct one, so that the answer can be used by others, by doing a search on the forum.

1 Like

Yes well I'm going to start on the property form with lists, it's not bad at all. The my cad tools, you will tell me if I'm wrong, you have to be at axemble (visiativ) to buy them (unless you take the trial version), being with avenao it's not going to be possible, can you confirm me?

Thank you

Hello

In the question there is " but as there are hundreds of them I would need a tool to help me ": am I wrong or the solution chosen may be a bit long for hundreds of files?

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hi Maxime (we'll communicate here as well ;-) )

Unfortunately, I don't think you can access the myCAD tools marketed by Visiativ while being in contact with AvenAo, to be confirmed!

They don't develop a tool pack?

Too bad, we could have met at the Visiativ collaborative table on the 15th in Nantes (SolidWorks 2018 novelties) where I will be at the Visiativ collaborative table...

Hi Anthony,

Indeed, I don't think AVENOA can help me.

I'm looking at the task scheduler to embed custom properties to all the components of a folder, well it doesn't work. On my pc (premium license) I have a message: "a valid argument has been detected for us" or "a required resource was not available". I'm thinking of uninstalling it to reinstall it, but I don't know how to do it! Impossible to find the add-in to repair it even with the solidworks CD, anyone have an idea?

In the meantime I tried on my colleague's PC, I manage to schedule a task, but it remains in "scheduled" status, it doesn't work.

Any idea?

Thank you

1 Like

Come on, help my friend ;-)

Thank you Anthony =),

I tried with another colleague's pc, and this time the task is in the status "operations completed - under tasks generated" but when I go into the details of this task, it tells me "impossible to run solidworks" and so nothing happens.

I miss it more than that :/