Welded Sole on a Structure - SolidWorks

Hi all

I'm testing the welded build module in SolidWorks.

I understood how to implant profiles from my skeleton.

I would like to add welded fixing soles on my structure. I would like these parts to be mechanically welded elements, or even add them to the library later.

What do you think is the best way to make these footings if I want them to be recognized by SolidWorks as structural elements?

Ps: I'm going to a meeting, I'll answer in an hour

Thank you:)

Aurélien

Hello

For your insoles to be recognized as bodies, you don't have to do anything except uncheck merge the bodies when you create your function.

If the 4 insoles are exactly identical, SolidWorks will recognize them as a single body (present 4 times).

You can only include profiles in the mechanically welded library it seems to me, so it will not be possible to integrate your insoles.

4 Likes

Hello Aurélien,

If these insoles are recurrent (article always the same?), you could make them a part in their own right (sldprt) and insert it into your welded construction (Inserting a part into a part, by doing Insertion/Piece). You can constrain it as in an assembly, repeat it,...

1 Like

Be careful when inserting parts because depending on the way of proceeding you have to insert 5 of them to see 4 in the nomenclature of the drawing (cf use of a repetition)

1 Like

@Gerald

What are you referring to? You mean the opposite, that when you insert 4 you see 5 in nomenclature?

If that's what you're talking about, it may be due to repetitions driven by a sketch:  in the sketch, at the level of the component to be repeated, you shouldn't place sketch points, otherwise you end up with a repeated entity that is superimposed on the original one. If you want to "hang on" to the volume to repeat, you have to use another entity that does not have a dot, like a line.

1 Like