Server busy

Hello

I'm trying to take over a big assembly that I hadn't opened for one or two versions of Solidworks, now I'm on SW 2014.

But an untimely message prevents me from working, copy attached:

You can press "switch to..." " or "Restart" but the window automatically reappears, then disappears or after a random number of clicks.

If you had any explanations or avenues of research, thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Nicolas Tuffereau

2015-03-04_12_02_50-clipboard.png

Hello.

If I understand correctly, you manage to work on it in the end;

If so, try to register it under another name and try to open the new one.

2 Likes

I think you need to update it already via your new version

If version 2010 switch to 2014 direct cause can be conflicts

The cause may be in the libraries that he can't find

@+ ;-)

Maybe an answer here: https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/83880

Thank you for your answers,

@.PL messages in English could help me but I don't understand everything:

• I got mine working by pressing the "Retry" button every few minutes until the window went away (no need to click incessantly); then, I unselected the "Show every startup" checkbox, dealt with the "Retry" button a few minutes longer, and haven't seen the problem since!

When he talks about "Show every startup" checkbox: "I don't know what it's about at all...

• Now solved the problem and posting my own reply in case, anyone else has the same answer. The error told me server busy and would only respond by using the ctrl+alt+del then closing the build check.  None of the three buttons at the bottom did anything.However I persevered and kept clicking on retry and eventually the message would disappear, I clicked on "do not show at startup" on the welcome screen and then close.  The server busy pop up occured.  I repeated several times and eventually the do not show at startup worked and close goy me in to Build Check area. I have reopened several times and the error has gone.

"I clicked on "do not show at startup" on the welcome screen and then close" In the same way I don't see what it's about?

Have you tried to open each part of this assembly and convert them to your new versions of SW

Then try to open your assembly 

If you have used the tool box tool and library parts, it is possible that he will not find them since your version is different 

so check the compatibility of your toolbox and your library files

which I think will allow you to purify a good part of the problems known to all and recurrent 

@+;-)

I'm trying to look at it for this weekend.

Hello

The passage of all the parts in 2014 + local work allowed me to do what I wanted. There must still be some problems with the dialogue between Solidworks and our server... To dig into our home.

Thank you for your answers.

Nicholas

1 Like