Mechanically welded structure simulation

Hello

Following my other questions about the mechanically welded, I find myself wanting to simulate one of my mechanically welded assemblies to see a little bit the behavior  of my structure via its own weight.

To do this, I used my mechanically welded part (a single piece) that I fixed in 3 low points simulating casters (imposed displacement -> fixed press), following which I applied the material and the load due to simple gravity (loading -> gravity). From then on I launch the mesh which gives me a rough visual result (is it for a question of optimization of the software or is it by bad configuration of the mesh?).

Before meshing                                                                                                                                After meshing

always being that when trying to execute the study, this message appears.

I didn't weld between the elements of the mechanically welded, but they are all in contact obviously, could it be due to the absence of a weld seam? If not, do you have a clue for the fact that the default software only faces me one connection (purple dot), between these junctions? I've probably been doing it the wrong way since the origin of the drawing and I hope that members of the forum more experienced in mechanically welded simulation can help me :). thank you in advance

1 Like

Hello

Indeed when you switch to "beam" or "bar" mode the display of the profiles changes. But your section is well taken into account in the calculations.

Concerning a calculation on a beam model, you can only select the "nodes", you have to check that all your nodes are well defined.

Models on a welded mechanic frame take quite a long time to set up, you have to be rigorous. Spend some time interpreting the results to see if you get things that make sense!

2 Likes

You have one piece, but with several bodies. Select "contact between ensemble" and set it to solidary.

This is a first approach to try to make the model run

2 Likes

See this tutorial

https://youtu.be/OjEDW1WDLlQ

each connection must be connected and defined

@+ ;-)

Well I gave up due to lack of time in my project but I still have to find a way for the mechanically welded :/...

I'm on another project and I find myself annoyed again... The worst thing is that I have no problems with a single mechanically welded now :/. On the other hand, in assembly I can't do it.

See http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/fr%C3%A9quentiel/simulation-ensemble-transform%C3%A9-en-bloc