Simulating an effort on a door handle

Hello 

I'm on a project that consists of lowering a door handle with a motor, for that I need torque 

I would currently like to simulate an effort of someone who would press a door handle to then be able to see the couple 

To do this:

I added a variable force whose upward curve I know to simulate the resistance of the handle 

So I still have to simulate the downward effort but I can't do it 

I don't know which effort to choose and how to set it up or how to set up the mechanical analysis. I would like to model speed as a function of time by a curve 

Here are the data:

Opening time 2sec

Acceleration phase: 0.5 sec 

Distance to travel: 45° or ft/4 radians 

Speed to be reached during acceleration: 0.39 rad/s

Distance traveled at the end of the 0.5sec: 0.195 rad

Distance left to go during the 1.5sec: 0.59rad

I don't know how to model a curve that meets these criteria on excel or soldiworks directly via the curves 

Thanks for helping me

Hello

Y axis in radian, X axis in sec --> angular velocity.

You reach a speed of 0.39 rad/s in 0.5s, so since it's radians per second your acceleration is 0.78 rad/s² (acc = w/t --> 2 x 0.39 for 0.5s).

Then it's linear because you have reached your nominal speed up to your 2s.

At 0.5s you are at 0.195 rad, you are missing 3 x 0.5s to get to your 2s so 3x 0.195 rad, which gives you a distance left to travel of 0.585 rad.

On the other hand I don't really understand the question, you need a torque higher than the resistive torque of the mechanism, why bother calculating your acceleration?

C = F x R, the bigger your lever arm is, the less effort you have to produce...

1 Like