[SmartBom] Generation of bills of materials in excel

Hello

A new problem arises for me...

My nomenclature does not recognize the screws that you can see at the bottom of the creation tree above.

Because of their codification, which differs slightly from traditional coins. Why do they have a different codificatio? This is because they are taken from a library and they each have configurations to choose their format (diameter, size).

So in my nomenclature, the fields of quantity, material, etc... are inquired but not the "Reference" and "Designation" columns

How do you solve this new problem?

I didn't quite understand where the problem lies. Are the fields filled in in the files but don't appear in SmartBom?

are they all in the same library?

@+ ;-)

Yes, my screws don't appear in the nomenclature.

The boxes where the screws should appear are indeed incremented but their designation and reference are not indicated.

As can be seen in the attached screenshot.

@gt22 : Yes yes, they are in the same folder.

capture2.jpg
1 Like

do you have in your library

name all these screws independently of each other with their own refs?

@+ ;-)

No, the screws are not independent of each other.

My library is composed of several .sldprt files that each correspond to a type of screw ("ISO4017", "ISO4762", etc...)

So once we get our screw from an assembly, we then access a configuration window (in the creation tree) of the component where we will fill in: the diameter and length of our screw.

Do we have to manage our library by creating a .sldprt file for a screw of this diameter and length?

1 Like

Screws probably have a custom property that corresponds to their size.

You have to see to create two rules with IFF like this:

If the name is "BM-00-Screw ISO 4762V5" then  fill in the reference using the custom properties that correspond to the size,

If the name is "BM-00-Screw ISO 4762V5" then  fill in "designation" using the custom properties that match.

Whew... It seems very complicated to me to implement this... Besides, as far as I know, you can only put one rule in the property box, right?

Do you have any idea where I could find the "custom property" of the screws? This library was set up before I arrived and I don't have many people to refer to unfortunately. Is this something I can see in the SmartProperties?

1 Like

see this link it is old but it's the same logic

http://www.forum-cao-3d.fr/toolbox/propriete-personalisee-pour-les-pieces-de-la-toolbox-t6178.html

@+;-)

Are these SolidWorks Toolbox parts?

And no, that's what I was watching! They are placed in windows folders so I don't have access to the configurations. 

EDIT: Oh yes, when I open the screw, in the configuration tab of the construction tree, I have access to a table (excel) 

See this link Toolbox Property Customize Toolbox Parts

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/toolbox/HIDD_TOOLBOX_CUSTOMIZE_HARDWARE.htm

Custom properties

Custom properties are user-defined component properties. You can create custom lists and text properties.

After you create a custom property, it appears in the Custom Properties list . You select it to apply it to a component:

You can then set the default values for the property in the list on the right. The property's values are read-only until you select it.

Add a new custom propertyCreates a new custom property. See Setting the Custom Property.
Change Custom PropertyModifies an existing custom property. See Setting the Custom Property.
Remove custom propertyRemoves the property of the Toolbox.
Individual material propertySpecifies a custom property that lists materials from the SolidWorks Materials library. You can create only one property that is linked to the SolidWorks Materials library.

@+ ;-)

all your parts and config must be in the same place (same path)

create your own toolbox or complete the existing one

and make sure that the links are via your toolbox

which of + is

This will allow you to keep your toolbox despite the version changes

@+ ;-)

See this tutorial

creating toolbox properties

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/creation-des-propriete-de-toolbox-avec-excel

@+ ;-) 

See also this tutorial 

toolbox, toolbox brower, fmart fasteners

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-toolbox-et-smart-fasteners

@+ ;-)

If I understood correctly, these are not Toolbox files...