Solidworks (2020 SP5) crashes at 3D PDF saving

Hello

When (me or my colleague) want to save an assembly in pdf3D, solidworks simply crashes. This seems to happen as soon as the assembly is a little heavy. 

Do you have any leads?

Windows 10 version 2004

PC alienware aurora R8

Hello 

You can attempt disabling the CAM add-in (Tools->Add-in) 

As well as the "include dress mode data when recording" option in Tools -> Options -> Drawing/Performance

Yours sincerely 

Thank you for the answer.
The CAM add-in was already disabled

The "include data..... option "It hasn't changed anything.
I had older posts that said I had this problem but that it had been solved with the windows update. But I'm already in the 2004 version.
A normal PDF saves without worries. a 3D pdf, it quickly goes into "no longer responding" mode and about ten seconds after crashing. (without a reporting window afterwards by the way)

Good evening 

I haven't found a bug still present in sp5.0 from 2020

If this happens with the assemblies that are a bit heavy, try to put the group of elements in a state of deletion to eventually see if it comes from there, 

Try first to put in a state of deletion or even to completely remove any imported files (step, parasolid etc....)  

If the graphics card of the PC is an RTX 2060 it is not certified, the problem can also come from a difficulty in managing the graphics, 

You can also uncheck the "improved graphics performance" option in options -> Performance which tends to cause problems for relatively large assemblies, 

Good night 

1 Like