SolidWorks: No action possible after editing part family

Hi all

A colleague has a problem with part families in SolidWorks:

When he finishes editing a part family in a new window, he no longer has access to SolidWorks.

The 3D (the graphic area) responds, it can rotate the room, pass one document to another, but all the other commands are greyed out!

Unable to save, close the document, or even close SolidWorks—nothing responds!

Nor is it possible to re-issue the part family.

I saw that the Excel process was still in the task manager, so I tried to end it, but it didn't work either!

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

For your information, we are in SW2011 SP5 and W7 64.

Well, obviously, it's Excel that doesn't close properly, and therefore impossible to take control of SolidWorks.

If killing the Excel process doesn't work, I admit to being a bit dry.

I'm going to investigate. I don't know this problem on SW2011, but with a W7 OS, I've never tested it and there could be problems.

1 Like

Hello

you also have to look at the version of Excel, because it seems to me that I had problems too

FYI, I'm under SW2012SP5 W7 64 and Excel 2010 and it works well

I have already noticed bugs with SW2012 and Excel2003

Sometimes the table doesn't start...

If I remember correctly, at the last conference, someone pointed out this type of problem and we were advised to move to 2007 or even 2010 to ensure compatibility...

I just tested a solidworks 2011 with an Excel 2007 on my workstation and I don't have any problems either.

This problem is only located on one workstation? Do you have a similar configuration on your PC and it's not a problem?

1 Like

Hi all

To me, it would look more like a " pop-up " message that would be hidden !

You can try to unhide all the ignored messages in Tools, Options, and all at the advanced bottom.

1 Like

I will try to hide the ignored messages and I will keep you posted.