Solidworks Rating Tolerance

Hello, currently in internship of my BTS CPI, one of my projects is to find a solution allowing to switch one of my solidworks parts to the maxi or mini dimension automatically, having already tried mycadtools, this one does not correspond to my criteria because the purpose of the manipulation sought is to modify at any time my dimensions and my tolerances and that the part is updated according to my needs. the chosen configuration (mini, maxi etc...). I don't know if I was clear enough in my question and what I'm looking for but I hope to be able to find help on this forum.

Thank you for any answers published

Bastien.

1 Like

Hello

One can create configurations and derived configurations that would represent the maximum and minimum odds.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer but what I would like is for the part to change sides automatically and that I can mix some mini odds with maxi ones, so as to have a "critical" configuration of the part. And I would also like to be able to copy and paste a tolerance part that would serve as a "center" part and just by changing the dimensions and tolerances and that the maximum and minimum critical configurations update automatically.

Thank you

Hello to you.

Personally I would make an excel table with multiple choices and I would reread my excel to my SW design.

It's a long time to do but it works.

where do you do your CPI? (I did CPI too:)   )

1 Like

I am doing my CPI in Lorient, Lycée Colbert. And making an excel table will automatically update the part?

I think we should use the families of parts
and effectively fill in an Excel table all the possible configurations of this document

1 Like

a log that is made for

driveworks express is integrated with SolidWorks

@+

3 Likes

GT22 has already said it all!

DriveWorksXpress is perfect for that:

Free, you fill out a form, your template is generated.

As simple as that and much more robust than a configuration table.

2 Likes

Hello

I think you should make configurations, master piece then derived configurations with tolerances that you link to your master piece by putting quetions..

Hello

No, the best thing to do when it comes to tolerances and dimension chains is to use DimXpert to make the dimensions (the dimensions in purple). Then TolAnalyst for the Maxi/mini dimension chains.

Both methods include a tutorial in SolidWorks to master them.

Really the TOP!

1 Like

You would like your piece to follow from the drawing??? If so, just insert or annotate in the drawing of your part and objects of the model and there you select the dimensions. If you change them, the room will follow.

objets_du_modele.jpg

Hello

Thank you for all your answers, it's not on the drawing that I would like to integrate my tolerances but on the part itself, so that when I modify only the master part and these tolerances, the rest of the configurations follow automatically and that the part is rebuilt with the maximum dimensions and therefore the tolerances at +0 -x and vice versa at the minimum +x -0.

Okay so I think the easiest way would be to make your centerpiece and then the tolerated parts and link them with equations to the centerpiece. That way, if you change the teacher's ribs with her tolerances, the others will follow....

Thank you for your answer, but how do you link a piece to the others? I don't understand a lot of solidworks equations.

Hello

Here's a well-done tutorial on equations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2BsbwA3ofs

In fact, if you make configurations, you put in a L and an L collone and in the other the tolerance ±0.2.
 it's your master piece and for the one in tolerance - you do =box L- box tolerance and for in + iden =L+tolerance. ect ect

Do you understand the principle?

I insist with DimXpert and TolAnalyst

See tutorials on SolidWorks

3 Likes