Solidworks MBD

Hello

I'm coming to you because I need information about solidworks MBD. Our company is thinking about the usefulness of this module. For information, we work 60% of sheet metal, 35% mechanically welded and 5% machining. We do a lot in our workshop but also as a subcontractor. I watched and read  all the tutorials  on the web and personally I have my idea about MBD. What I'm looking for are testimonials from people using MBD in order to know the + and – before contacting a salesperson.

Thank you  and may the force be with you.

Hello

I'm not sure you'll get much feedback here on this product! Maybe you can try your luck on the official SolidWorks forum if English is not a problem!

@ PL,

let's say that I speak English very well after 2 or 3 beers and as I am on the border  with Belgium  for beer it's the best.

No kidding, I'm getting by but nothing more, I'm still going to try my luck.

may the force be with you.

6 Likes

See this video already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLLpb2pRI_0

And on the official forum, here are the topics that already talk about it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=solidworks%20mdb&oq=solidworks%20mdb&sourceid=chrome&from=coli&gws_rd=ssl#q=solidworks+mbd+forum+site:forum.solidworks.com

@PL I looked at your links and thank you and it confirms my thought that I would express it later so as not to influence  other speakers.

If a person from the lynkoa community uses MBD , would he agree that I give him a sheet metal and that he make me an MBD document.

Thank you.

May the force be with you.

2 Likes

Personally, I think that MBD can be useful in pure machining (since now machinists work directly in CAD/CAM).

On the other hand, for sheet metal work and mechanically welded metalwork, I think it's average (unless it's not sheet metal but only cutting/punching).

After the use of this kind of software depends a lot on the people you have beforehand. If they are really willing and keen on new technologies, it can be okay if you are surrounded by future retirees who struggle to open their email inbox. That's for the coaching.

After that, at the level of the guy in front of his machine, it may be even more difficult to get across (because suddenly there is no more paper support or you reprint your 3d pdf and the interest starts to be limited compared to the good old plan)

4 Likes

Hello

I'm going to close this MBD post. My conclusion, not many people use it given the small number of responses on the post  in seconds I think like @froussel , it may be good for machined parts but for sheet metal work it's completely inappropriate. In addition, it is true that your subcontractor must be equipped because no more paper plans. So the conclusion that I will give to my management is to drop this avenue because it is not adapted to our business.

Thank you for your participation and may the force be with you.

1 Like