Solidworks no longer starts

Hello

Solidworks doesn't want to run on my PC anymore!

My config: Core i7 3.20Ghz/ 16GB of ram/ Nvidia gtx 980/ Windows Pro 64 bits version 17135.590

I have solidworks 2018 sp04 it freezes on loading of task panes... If I look at Windows Task Manager CPU 0%!!

Hello

- Was solidworks  previously working on this config? If so,   the problem is not with the config.

- What are the messages?  if you have any!

- What have you changed since your last use (up-grade or other)

What are the avenues!

- no internet connection so no control of the license number but in this case you should have an explicit message.

For the rest, let's wait for you to tell us a little more :-)

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello zoz thank you for your answer

-Yes solidworks worked before

-I think Windows update

I've been on the case for at least 3 months!!! I've already tried several manipulations!!

reinstallation but nothing works. the license no problem but it's when loading the task flaps that nothing passe.si I let the loading grind for 15 hours it advances a little... but no error message and no opening of the software!!

I also had an older version of Solidworks 2016 that worked too, so I uninstalled version 2018 (cleanly) and reinstalled version 2016 but same problem!

Hello

What type of SW license is it?

If SW worked on this PC on 2 different versions and neither of them works now, it probably comes from Windows.

Do you have the possibility to uninstall Windows updates after the appearance of your problem?

Have you tried re-re-re-installing Windows and then re-installing SW?

What version of frameworks do you have?

... ?

Kind regards

3 months of windows update to uninstall, it's going to be easy.
If you are, I hope, on a maintenance contract, you should open an incident ticket.

Education license?

1 Like

Hello

Given everything you describe, it makes me think that in all the files that are used to install the software, it's a bit like if there are missing elements.

If windows had a problem you wouldn't be the only one to have a PB.

If you are under maintenance, ask (and even if you are not under maintenance) to have all the files of the 2018 version.

But I would rather remark @Stefbeno to get help because otherwise you will go around in circles for a long time, without any better result.

It looks strangely like a piece of shit left in the registry. And to go freediving in the BDR, it's better  to be initiated and go with fins and snorkeling.

Kind regards

Hello

3 months of Windows updates can mean that 3 or 4 updates (this is my case on 2 different PCs with Windows 10 version 1713 4.590) which is therefore not unattainable and yes if there is a maintenance contract it is more reassuring to open a ticket.

However, it would be interesting to know a little more about the type of PC (laptop or desktop? Gamer? ...) as well as on the updates that there may have been just before the appearance of the problem, and also on the type of SW license (education, standard, premium, ...).

It may indeed look like a "shit" left in the registry (and here it's better to master the subject) but it also makes me think of a missing or corrupted dll file or incompatible with the version of the framework.

Is the blocking done in the same place for SW2016 and SW2018 (loading task panes)?

Kind regards

Bonjpur,

Thank you all for the answers and the interest you have shown in solving my problem. As if by magic finally almost solidworks works perfectly today and I don't really know for what reason, I think windows update or and  cleaning with malverbyte of my pc as well as cleaning registry.

Indeed, the blocking took place for both versions at the same time when loading the task panes. Currently solidworks 2016 installed but I haven't tried to reinstall version 2018 yet. I think I'll try soon.

Kind regards