SOLIDWORKS: Separate 2 lines neatly?

Hello

Generally speaking, I can't separate 2 lines joined by an end.
No coincidence relationship is visible and therefore impossible for me to break their bond. 

Where I have a big problem is in mechanically welded construction.

To separate these 2 lines I cut the end of one of the 2 lines but suddenly I lose all the parameters associated with this line: defined profile, orientation of the profile, insertion point.... And in a large frame it is quickly horror.

Is there a way to separate them cleanly?

Kind regards

capture.jpg

Hello

No solution to my knowledge!

You create a block of one of the 2 lines, and you will have a coincidence relationship

1.jpg
8 Likes

Thank you Thierry, your feint works perfectly. Too bad that such a basic thing requires a feint

Another solution is to draw an additional sketch line and extend one of the 2 lines to the line previously created and magic no more problem!

And it works even with a 3D sketch.

1 Like

@sbadenis

Whether I extend or cut, I lose all my parameters associated with this line: defined profile, orientation of the profile, insertion point

Hi all 

There's the function: detach the segment by dragging, no need for a block or limit!

@+

Thank you Coyote,

This solution does indeed allow the segments to be separated (only in 2D), but unfortunately the mechanically welded parameters of the displaced element are also lost.

The technique by generating a block by moving/lengthening/reducing the line to modified, then by popping this block does not lose the parameters.