Solidworks Thermal + Static Simulation

Hello everyone.

I have a problem with Solidworks Simulation.  

I would like to do a static study by adding the temperature data calculated in a thermal study. So I proceeded like this:

- I did a thermal study on my assembly: here everything went well, consistent results.....

- I then do my static study or I come to import the temperature data from the thermal study and when I run it tells me: STOP: Impossible to interpolate the nodal temperatures

So I tried a lot of things to fix the problem (remove the connectors, the remote grounds, ....) nothing helps. I thought it was a mesh problem but impossible to copy it because of the different types of contacts between the studies.

In short, I'm lost if you have any tips. 

capture.png
4 Likes

Hi @ TontonVelu

I will follow this son with interest there is a group on the forum

http://www.lynkoa.com/groupes/solidworks-simulation

I'm also looking for any info tuto cours on SW simulation

@+ ;-)

Hello

A screenshot of the design properties to see your settings please.

@+

Here are the settings of the static study (those of the thmic study are stadard in perm regime) 

1.jpg

Re

Try to launch the study in FFEPlus but I doubt that this will be enough.

I dig... I never got this message...

@+

I think of a trick, do you use the same mesh?

A priori no, because you are talking about different contact and therefore the impossibility of copying the mesh.

I think that the problem is there, we need to have the same mesh in the two studies, so the same contacts.

Tell us if it works in such a case.

@+

4 Likes

You totally agree with @coyote it is absolutely necessary that the meshes be identical to have results

Kind regards

Bastien

Hello, with the direct slover the result is the same.

As for the mesh, on simple parts, the fact of having a similar mesh in thermal and static does not cause any problems, but I am working on an assembly. 

Thermal studies do not allow "no penetration" type contacts, which I have in number in my static study, and of course the mesh depends on the contacts. 

So I don't think I can have the same mesh in the two studies. 

One thing I noticed:

If I mesh in thermal and copy the mesh in static, it gives me the interpolation error of the nodal t°.

If I do the opposite, I mesh in static (with the right contacts) and I copy to the thermal study, it gives me false results, as if all my "no penetration" type contacts did not leave any heat (like an "isolated" contact)

I'm a bit lost as a result

Ok it seems that I have found a trick.

In thermal studies, it is necessary to make "thermal resistance" type contacts with a value of 0 for example, for each no penetration type contact. I tried 1 contact and the results are well adapted to the static study after copying the mesh.

I'm grabbing my hundred or so contacts and I'll get back to you to keep you up to date.

I come back validated my tip, it works well. In fact, you just have to pay close attention to the contacts, here is the procedure: 

- Mesh the thermal study by putting contacts in a set of the "thermal resistance" type where we want "no penetration" in static, leave the overall contact on solid.

- Copy the mesh to the static study and add the results of the thermal study on load.

It should pass. 

Thank you for looking into my problem. 

Hello

Well I have the same problem and I haven't managed to get out of it:)

In fact, you have to be careful with contacts.

The "no penetration" type contacts in static must correspond to "thermal resistance" type contacts in the thermal study