Solidworks

Good morning and best wishes to all.

A small problem, when I open my assembly the tiny one in a corner of the screen probably due to a bad handling, can you help me?.

Thank you.

Eric

1 Like

you click on your assembly and you move your mouse wheel

@+ ;-)

1 Like

You must have a part of your assembly that has moved very far away from it.

As a result, the assembly appears very small.

To check this, click on Zoom at best (or F9) and see if your assembly becomes small again. If so, look for your lost part (it has often become a blue dot with the zoom scale) and bring it closer to the assembly; or review all your parts of your assembly by the FeatureManager.

9 Likes
I agree with alain by displaying the origins it can help you visualize the "lost" piece
9 Likes

If a part is on the edge of the work area, it is also possible to use AssemblyExpert to locate it.

4 Likes

Hello

And a question when you click on the view icon and call the ISO view, the assembly recenters?

If the document is saved in one position, it opens again at the last saved position.

1 Like

In addition to the case of the part that went far away, there can be a part with huge limit dimensions, especially it can happen on parts imported from a native (in this case the origin can be with his girlfriends).

One way to spot it is to review the Featue Manager (as indicated by Alain.erp) with the Feature Manager/Dynamic Highlight option checked. This allows us to detect a huge envelope in relation to the assembly

2 Likes

Hello

We had published a tip video on YouTube (it's a little old!) that illustrates fthomas' answer.

This AssemblyXpert function still exists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CncJPWm1eI0

Kind regards

6 Likes

jmsavoyat's video answers your problem

@+ ;-)

Very well this video, I didn't know !!