Solidworks2015 windows 8.1 pro problem after installation impossible to make equations on sketch dimensions

hello following the problem of impossibility to make equations on my mobile workstation I tried to reinstall solidworks 2015 after uninstalling and cleaning the registry the problem remains the same

While on my desktop PC with Windows 8.1 Pro also I don't have a problem with equations with solidworks 2015

symptom: I make a sketch, a line, a dimension I click on the dimension I put =c1 it tells me that I am going to create an equation but does not put the equation acronym in front of the dimension and do not create an equation folder in the tree

Thank you for your help

Hello

Do you have the same versions of the office pack on both PCs???

1 Like

Hello

If you go to Hidden Objects of the Tree/ Equation you have access to the equations form and you can enter some?

1 Like

No, even by editing the table of equations in the tree, it is impossible to create any!

It's the same version of Windows Service Pack on the 2 PCs

oops same version pack office

Hello

Same version of the office pack yes but which one?

If it's 2007, be careful this version is compatible up to SW2014 SP5, which doesn't mean that it doesn't work on later versions but it's a little more random.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

no version pack office 2010 and the configs are identical on the 2 PCs even windows and even solidworks I have already deleted the faulty solidwork removed the solidworks keys in the registry and reinstalled solidworks but the problem persists impossible to create equations!!!

Equation problems make me think of this problem, which was present in SW2015 and impacted equations, macros and many other functions: https://www.my-cad.fr/problemes-solidworks-microsoft-mise-jour/

It was the KB 3072630 update

This Microsoft SOLIDWORKS problem appears on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 and on all versions of SOLIDWORKS

From the article, written in 2015.