Concern about components that don't want to lighten

Hi all

I previously asked a question about the block bar; I am indeed doing some tests and trials to try to reduce the loading times, lag, or even crashes, that we are currently experiencing on large assemblies. I got my answer but I have a new question about lightweight components.

I could see that on a large assembly opened in light mode, only part of my parts/sub-assemblies are actually lightened. The others are still in resolution, which I already find curious. I tried to force them to lightweight via a right click on a subassembly in the design tree / "Set solved parts to lightened" but it doesn't work: the parts it contains that were lightened remain so; those that were resolved also remain so...

Do you have an explanation/solution for this?

For information, I work in a network. Parts and subassemblies can be divided into different folders.

I did a test: I created a Pack and Go of the complete assembly, which I stored on a local folder. I have not kept a tree structure: everything is at the same level; the total size is about 460MB for nearly  1200 files. The opening time is worse than on the network: on the network, I'm about 8 minutes away, while locally, I exceed 13 or even 14 minutes....
The performance evaluation is as shown in the attachment: we can see that there are more light parts on a network than locally, and given the time saving, I bet big on the fact that it is related to this.

But if I can't pass the parts in light, I'm cointed.

Are there any settings and/or causes that can cause files not to go to light?

Thank you in advance for your answers and clarifications.

reseau_local.png

I would like to specify that regarding my goal of reducing the time it takes to open files / uploads / etc..., I know that there are other things to take into account. I'm working on it as well, but the objective of my question is really this problem of files that remain solved instead of going to light.

And I reversed the note on the attachment ouch...! The numbers in red are for the opening in LOCAL, not in network.

Hello

Which version of SW are you on?
Do you need to modify the file? Or is it only consultation?

At SW2017, we open files in large design mode (for consultation
A heavy assembly that opens in several minutes in "normal" opens in seconds in "large design"
The only problem is that modification is impossible.
For modification, we take our pain in patience...

But apparently, SW2019, has new features that allow editing in large design mode.
We're thinking hard about moving on to it, we're just looking to get more details on these additional features.

Hello

I'm on SW2016 SP.5.

Yes, the idea is to be able to edit the file. I tried the "large design" mode out of curiosity: it's true that it's faster but the possibilities of actions are limited afterwards (that's "the goal" of this mode; do visualization instead).

There don't seem to be any plans for us to upgrade to a newer version of SW at the moment.

Are all the sketches completely constrained?
Are all the parts fully constrained (no "-" sign in front of the name in the tree)?
Are there any links between the pieces?

After all the pieces have been resolved, then recorded and closed (including SW), is the next opening better or the same?

Hello

Would this mean that there would be a link between the impossibility of passing a part in light and sketches that are not completely constrained or assemblies that are not totally constrained?

These questions seem to be oriented towards ideas to reduce the time it takes to open files and I thank you for these leads.

Nevertheless, I allow myself to insist on the fact that this is not the direct subject of my question: I have files that seem not to want to open or "convert" to lite mode when I ask them and I ask here if people know why. Does this happen to any of you and if so, do you know the cause?

After investigation, I have the impression that this is closely related to the parts files containing configs and/or families of parts.

I handled a file of this kind that was lightened in an assembly:

- I opened it (it solved it automatically)

- I dragged the block bar to the very bottom of the design tree

- Solidworks asked me if I wanted to apply this to all configs: I validated

- I went back to the assembly and from there, it was impossible to lighten the file.

I tried to go back to the file, to remove all the blockages, to rebuild each config manually (there are 12 of them, in the form of a table of family of parts) but even there, impossible to make it lighter: there is no longer the option when I right-click on it and develop all the possibilities of the right-click.

It's beyond me...

message_derreur_sw.png

Hello

Do you have equations that require calculations in your room family?

I also have a lot of components with families of parts but never had this problem, but I have no equation on these parts.

Hello

No, I don't have equations. I only have a few dimensions that are controlled by the family of parts (for example a height or a diameter that vary according to the choice of component).