Problems with BatchProperties 2013.13.09

Hello

I installed the other day the new version of the Axemble tools (2013.13.09 x64) and I have a problem with the BatchProperties.

I use it mainly to transmit PDF and DXF files of my plans to my customers and suppliers. Our plans are named with the 6-digit case number followed by a dash ( - ) and the marker (in numbers or on 2 or 3 letters). For example 168876-12 / 165479-EC / 166576-9. To manage the clues on the planes that we transmit, we use the renaming function by adding a suffix corresponding to the clue at the end of the file. (e.g. _indA)

For example, until now, a base file 168876-EC.slddrw became 168876-EC_indA.pdf. But since the last version, I find myself with 168876-EC.slddrw_indA.pdf

Apparently, the tool applies the renaming mask to the full filename including the extension. I tried to modify my mask by replacing the last 7 characters with the suffix _indA but it doesn't work either and I end up with something like this: 16_indA.slddrw.

It's as if it applied the mask on the part of the file I'm interested in but then added the Solidworks extension before the new extension (.pdf, .dxf, or other).

I searched through the options to see if it was an option that could be disabled.

If I missed something, please tell me what to change or if it's a problem you have too.

Sincerely, Pierre.

And of course you will have understood that I was talking about the BatchConverter ... We can't edit. :-(

Hello

I think you should call Axemple directly.

I don't see, sorry.

Hello

Thank you for the feedback of this information.

We were able to reproduce the problem and the R&D department is working to correct the problem as soon as possible.

A new setup will be released as soon as possible.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello jmsavoyat,

while I'm at it I found a problem this time under PowerPrint when I wanted to launch a folder.

Sequence of events:

Yesterday I put my files in PowerPrint, I launch and the printing goes well. Only I find in my directory all the TIFF files corresponding to the printed files. I delete them, I look at the Power Print Edit options and I see that the TIFF export option is checked in addition to the paper output option. I uncheck and by the way I look if there are any interesting new options in the Options section. I change a few settings and close the software.

This morning, I'm printing new plans, and same thing as yesterday, I have the TIFFs. Looking at it, all the options are back to the state they were in yesterday. I did some tests but it seems that the configuration changes are not saved.

Thank you in advance, Pierre Sauvageon.

Hello

@ChatNoir: If you are experiencing problems or if you want to report improvements on the utilities, it is better to use the button provided for this purpose by clicking on the "i" button (About ...) of the utility and then clicking on the "Report an improvement request" button. This is the only way to be sure that the request is taken into account. At this point there is traceability of the request. It's like SolidWorks!

The forum was not planned for this purpose.

So I'll let you point out this last problem by applying this method.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards

image.png
2 Likes

Ah, I hadn't seen this possibility!

Hello,

Regarding your problem with PowerPrint (Option not saved), the problem has been solved by deleting the options folders of previous versions.

The utility options folders can be found under : C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Axemble

Best regards.

2 Likes

Hello

The problem encountered on the "BatchConverter" utility has been fixed.

A new 2013-13-10 setup for x32 and x64 has been updated on the myCADservices website.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers.