Delete basemap

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a macro or snippet of code to remove the background map of the active sheet

(if it deletes the notes with arrow it would be great)

Hello

What do you want to do this for?

This seems to me to be an unusual request. ^^

1 Like

I used this manipe simply by creating a blank background, which allowed me to use my sheets with exploded sheets to integrate into a catalog without cartridges. 

This is what I found to be the simplest

1 Like

Yes, I don't see 36,000 solutions....

Create a blank basemap, then make a macro to change the basemap with a single click.

This is easily done, record a macro and then do the manipulation by hand.

There is nothing complicated.

If you have to do it, no problem;)

1 Like

Hello everyone

thank you for your quick response

I actually set up a macro to change the background map by 1 blank

However, as I have just published, another question arises:

I would like to automatically remove all dimensions from a naming drawing

Sheet1 Cutting

Drawing view1

Thank you all

Let's see if in the blank background it wouldn't be wise to place the predefined view.

Always the same, it depends on what the blank background is for, if it's just visualization.

@ Bart: I found myself in the same situation as him. Usually, it's to make DXFs from your MEP file. 

There are suppliers who complain when they have their shipment with the plans and background, they are forced to delete everything manually (and this increases the cost of the part incidentally)

That said, I couldn't find a better way to do than to make a neutral background and send it to them.

But where the bottom hurts is that your PDF is also without a background/side.

I think that a macro to hide the background/notes/dimensions for the time of the DXF recording and then make them reappear afterwards would be useful.

But I'm stuck there

(ha ha, the very useful answer what xd)

1 Like

Hello

Isn't it possible to edit the background, hide the objects via the filters, save as DXF and then reshow?

Dear Bart ,

in fact we must have the same problems 

month so I make a plan with background annotation dimension, I save it

I save it in pdf then I delete the basemap, annotation and dimensions

I save it in DXf and I close without saving

so when I reopen the SW drawing all and still there

Hi everyone,

If the purpose of deleting the basemap is just to generate DXFs, why not generate the DXFs from the PRT (file>save as>DXF). So no problem with the background, cartridge or other and in addition it scales 1:1 by itself and unfolds the sheet metal if that's the case. The icing on the cake is that I use a macro to avoid the file>save as ...

1 Like

well in fact I made a macro that changes the background plan and it works