3D Surface in 2D Room

Can we make a 3D surface appear with or without a decal in a part drawing, knowing that we can do it in a drawing of an assembly?  

Hello

If I understood correctly, it is quite possible, as in this example, you just have to show the part in a shaded image:

http://edcs.me/2013/06/showing-decals-in-solidworks-drawings/

2 Likes

See context menu as screenshot below

capture.jpg
6 Likes

If, on the other hand, it's to show a surface body in the drawing, and it's hidden in the 3D, go to the Feature Manager, scroll down to the view you're interested in, then the room to the functions.

On one of the functions that creates the surface, right-click Function/Show (See image).

Your surface body will appear.

EDIT: Too late, like @jfaradon!

screenshot216.jpg

I didn't understand the question

Is it to visualize the parts in ISO in a drawing?

See this tutorial Quote tool

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/outil-de-cotation-dans-les-mises-en-plan

@+ ;-)

I have a hard time explaining what it meant, an image will avoid a long speech.

surface_3d_dans_2d.gif

When you "throw" your 3D part, where everything is well displayed, in a new drawing, it only shows you 2 out of 4? Or do you have to go and get them by hand already?

Are your surfaces offset outwards or inwards by an eth time? On your image it gives the impression that the surface and volume cylinders are confused.

Yes, I have an offset of 0.01 towards the outside on all surfaces and when I "throw" the 3D it appears without the surfaces shown and neither the offset on the surface nor the one on the volumes.

You did the right thing as said above: To show the Function and not the Body?

The surface-restrict function doesn't give me the "show/hide" option is normal or I'm missing a parameter in the options, for body yes which doesn't carry me anything.

Thank you

Can you make a screen print like @jfaradon and myself above? My image was from sw2013.

If the distance of the offset doesn't matter, try increasing the 0.01 to 0.05 or even 0.1.

I think it was a display problem.

With assembly it works,

I shifted by 0.1 the result is the same.

I simply think that Solidworks doesn't know how to do it or a problem in the options.

Thank you

pas_de_cacher-montrer_dans_fonction.gif
1 Like

This is obviously a SW2013 evolution, which allows you to show the function and/or the body.

If on SW 2013 I do Show the Body, it doesn't work either. It is absolutely necessary to show the function.

Sorry, is SW 2013 or 2014 coming soon?

While waiting to change the version of SW, you can't put your decal on the volume body?

For color on an area, you can use the Insert/Curve/Divider Line function on a volume size.

Hello

Yes it's a solution, we can support it on a surface and not a restricted surface "too bad for more complicated cases"

FYI I'm in SW2014

THANK YOU A+

When you right-click on the surface as shown in your previous printscreen, click on "Customize Menu... ". It could be that the "Show" option for the feature is disabled!

Hello

I had checked and no everything is checked, if there is a problem he is elsewhere.

A+